Page 147 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1718

Thread: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

I think i only have two layers left now with the shorter being somewhere between shoulder and APL and the longer being below APL. It is a bit saddening, since my hair got wavier and clumps more now so my longest ends look super sparse and see trough. Good thing i keep my hair up most of the time.

Length
    32"/32"/36"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JBO View Post
    I am sure there might be a thread like this already, but I could find one that was just to complain about the awful layer growing process.

I had the worst hair cut two months ago. The women gave me 2 layers, one at mid-ear (why I will never know. That is no place for a layer) and the other was a couple inches below APL. Now I am trying to get all to one layer at BSL. Its is driving me mad. The long layer is about 1.5 in to BSL the other is about.5" from my chin.

I feel like it will never be even and worst of all, aside from half up/ half down, nothing works .

"Oh layers, please grow"

Sorry to complain but need to vent. I tried to talk to people I know about this and I think they thought I was crazy of obsessed because I vented about hair, told them I belong to a forum for hair, and that I was putting Monistat on my hair but it was really working, .5" in 10 days!

Ok everyone vent about layer growing
    I am growing out some very bad layers, too. I could write a short horror story on them.

I see this post was originally from 2010. Hopefully those layers are long grown out.

But Monistat... the cream that is used for yeast infections? Or is there another product by that name?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Ear/SL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

The shortest layers are now moving past chin hurrah. But my hair beyond that point looks weird. The last hairdresser did a weird job of layering + thinning so it looks like a very long mullet. I'm probably looking at another 6 months until it grows out enough...and then I need to get a cut to fix the mess who doesn't give me more layers.

Length
    APL/TBL/Long
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Ugh my shortest layers are just above my lips. Was hoping to grow them out quicker so I can do a bun again and have all my hair pulled back but guess its going to take a long time..

I'm planning to not trim before 2021, but I feel like my hair looks so "uneven" with the layers growing out. It hasn't been cut since February, and I was originally intending to trim it once a year to have an even hemline and a more tidy look. I think this comes from the fact that I've had my hair cut to a blunt bob for quite some time, and it's hard to adjust to a more chaotic look. Meh. But in the end - I want to have waist length hair. My layers aren't the worst, I think I'd like to have long layers when my hair is goal length. And the ends look healthy to me. If my hair is up, I don't even think of the layers (unless it's a braid, haha). Just bun it, and wait for length, right?

✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿

Length
    Neck/CBL/Waist
    Type
    1b/M/i

Ooh I can join this thread. My hair looks the best when its cut in a blunt straight hemline. My good friend is a hairdresser and for one of his training I let him do whatever and left the salon with multiple short layers. At that point it looked very nice but now I decided to grow my hair long again I can't wait for them to be gone! I'm also not trimming for 2020 so I'm afraid that I will have them for a while.

Length
    Chin/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/iii

At my recent haircut my hairdresser asked if I wanted to cut to my shorter face-framing pieces (around collarbone, grown out from a fringe), shortest layer (around APL-ish) or just trim and stay APL+ overall.

I went with just trimming all over because the thought of losing all that length...

But I keep thinking how nice and thick it would look without any layers sometimes I pin the back up and leave the front short section down to see how it would look, and it is nice. But to put myself back that far. I can't do it!
    Next goal: 34" - Hip

Length
    Bob/MBL/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

When I was growing out layers, which were not my idea in the first place, I just wanted them lopped off all at once. My hairdresser (different one from the one who gave me layers) was like Nooooooooo! You're hair will be so short! Let's do it gradually.

She's a keeper

Type
    3a/C/ii/iii

All my hair is different length since I've been growing out a buzz cut after donating last March. I gave myself some short bangs a few weeks ago but am considering going back to trimming it all one length but that means my longest (underlayer) would have to be cut up to match the shortest of the layers (where the hair grows on my head) since they're all just growing from my scalp after all being even (buzzed). I like layers sometimes for having my curls but at the same time my hair has always been healthier and seemed to break less/grow faster when I just regularly trimmed it at one length. Ugh, it's the worst cycle of growing out layers

Length
    14/28/36
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

I constantly struggle because I love the way layers look when done right but I hate how it makes my hair look thinner at the ends. ��