Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149
Results 1,481 to 1,485 of 1485

Thread: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

Length
    23/25.5/30
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Growing Out Layers- A place to complain

The hardest part of growing out hair/layers, to me, is just that we have to be patient. You have to live your life and sort of "forget" about the growing, because it just takes time for that to happen, and kind of a lot of time. Having a go to style helps me get through it, I wear my hair down around the house, but then clip up a halfup if leaving the house. Try to stay focused on other things in life, and then the time will pass, the hair will grow, and we'll reach our goals. I should probably work on having a better routine for my hair, because I really don't have any sort of official scheduled regimen of caring for it. For example, I really should do a weekly scheduled deep conditioning.

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

My longest layer makes my ends see trough now. I can't wait until i trim it away and the rest of my hair catches up.

Length
    26/30/CL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii/iii

My longest layer is heading towards hip and my shortest is just past my shoulders. ugh.
    Shower detangling since November 2018. No trims or dye since August 2019
    Goal: Longest layer at Classic.

Length
    0"/WL/TBL?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDancer View Post
    My longest layer is heading towards hip and my shortest is just past my shoulders. ugh.
    Mine are similarly distributed. Although my longest is only waist.
    We are all blind apes groping different parts of the same bewildered elephant.

Type
    2a/M/ii

I can really relate to most of these posts! I cut layers into my hair because the weight of it was giving me headaches. I don't mind a few layers but I cut them way too short. My longest layer is almost waist length but my shortest is just below my ears. Braids are almost impossible. Well they look silly to me! ☺️

I like the look and ease of styling of all one length long hair but can't deal with the weight. Have to find a happy medium and a large dose of patience through the process of growing out the shorter layers. When it comes to my hair patience and impulse control have not been my strong suits. I'm working on it though.