Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body shop shampoo/conditioner worth the money?

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Body shop shampoo/conditioner worth the money?

Body Shop discontinued their Chamomile Shampoo and Protein Conditioner a few years ago. They were the best I ever used and concentrated so I used much less. They have never replaced those with a comparable product so I stopped going there.

Length
    16/24/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I just tried their new Moringa Shine & Protection Conditioner. Because my shampoo is really conditioning I was after something that 1, smells really nice and 2, was light. This seems to have worked well.

But- they have used their Oceanus fragrance in this. It really stands out to me because I had this fragrance when I was in my late teens and went through some difficulties. So it brings up these memories. I'm ok with this... but it was a bit unexpected. I guess it makes business sense to reuse fragrances they've developed.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I used to buy the Body Shop's camomile shampoo back in the day when I was lightening my hair with Sun-In.

I swore by it but I also swore by their powder shampoo for fair hair - does anyone remember it? It was a very fine dark yellow powder which came in a plastic bag which, when opened, caused me to sneeze repeatedly. As they never divulged the ingredients I never knew what made me sneeze so much although the shampoo was meant to contain ground soap flakes and ground camomile. It was extremely hard to use. You made a paste by adding water to the powder then stirring to mix it all together before applying to the scalp. The result was blonde highlights and very dry hair. (This was back in the 1980's by the way.)

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by clairenewcastle View Post
    I used to buy the Body Shop's camomile shampoo back in the day when I was lightening my hair with Sun-In.

I swore by it but I also swore by their powder shampoo for fair hair - does anyone remember it? It was a very fine dark yellow powder which came in a plastic bag which, when opened, caused me to sneeze repeatedly. As they never divulged the ingredients I never knew what made me sneeze so much although the shampoo was meant to contain ground soap flakes and ground camomile. It was extremely hard to use. You made a paste by adding water to the powder then stirring to mix it all together before applying to the scalp. The result was blonde highlights and very dry hair. (This was back in the 1980's by the way.)
    That sounds mildly terrifying. O.o I'd love to know the ingredients list for this

Length
    20/44/55
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

I've bee wanting to try the Ginger line, I tried the Brazil nut mask they had a long time ago (not sure if they still make it) and wasn't impressed, not hydrating enough. I love their body products but never paid too much attention to the hair products they offer.