Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Nationality and Hair Type?

Length
    CBL/HL/HL
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: Nationality and Hair Type?

I'm Brazilian, but I don't look like I have any African or Native descendance in me. My cousin told me last time that our maternal grandpa said his great-grandpa came down during the 19th century to escape the war/famine in Prussia. So... German and probably other European descendance. Mom is blond with green eyes and my biological father has pale skin and dark hair/dark eyes (I take after his side).

My hair is 2b/2c naturally these days. When I was a kid, I think it was 3a, very curly. Mom has 3b/3c hair, like some of her siblings. One of my aunts even has 4a hair but she's super pale.

I want to take one of those DNA tests to figure it out one day!
    Collarbone (12.08.21) | Armpit (16.10.21) | Midback (14.10.22) | Waist (06.02.23) | Hip (23.03.24) | Belly Button

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    Bumping this thread bc why not c:

Unsure of the percentages but my mom is half Irish half Italian. Dad is around half Dutch with some German, Welsh, and Irish.

Mom (naturally) has 1b?/m?/i ash blondette hair. Dad has 2c?/f?/ii? hair. His canopy appears straight but when he had a mullet (lol) it looked 2c.

Me, I think I'm 1b/1c but who knows? Ash brown hair that goes straight back to white blonde when exposed to sun. All three of us were white blondes until puberty.
    Quoting my old reply from 2016 to update!

My mom was seeing stuff on the internet about how your unruly hair might be curly so she started experimenting. Y'all ... She is a solid 2c!!! Her ringlets leave me in awe. Her canopy is rather straight but the front and underneath is very defined bouncy curls. So cute!

Now that I have a better understanding of hair types I'd put my dad at 2b/c. He gets those big fat sausage curls at the ends of his hair. Adore this hair type.

And I'm beyond 1c but not consistent enough to be 2a. I'd say 1c/2a is the most accurate Very flexible hair type, I can brush it straight and towel dry for straight voluminous hair or style it into bouncy waves with some product and a diffuser. Even leaving it totally untouched looks fine if you're into the messy look.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quoting my old reply from 2016 to update!

My mom was seeing stuff on the internet about how your unruly hair might be curly so she started experimenting. Y'all ... She is a solid 2c!!! Her ringlets leave me in awe. Her canopy is rather straight but the front and underneath is very defined bouncy curls. So cute!

Now that I have a better understanding of hair types I'd put my dad at 2b/c. He gets those big fat sausage curls at the ends of his hair. Adore this hair type.

And I'm beyond 1c but not consistent enough to be 2a. I'd say 1c/2a is the most accurate Very flexible hair type, I can brush it straight and towel dry for straight voluminous hair or style it into bouncy waves with some product and a diffuser. Even leaving it totally untouched looks fine if you're into the messy look.
    That is awesome about your mom! Way to go!

It is cool though that you can just brush it out and be straight. If I do that... LOL, needless to say, I'm not gonna. Haha!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/WAIST/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

This is how my hair is too, I'm glad I'm not alone! I use to think my hair was actually wavy and if I used the right stuff I'd magically have 2b/c hair, I spent YEARS being frustrated it never goes above a 2a. But I'm starting to accept it's just straight hair with a attitude

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Genetics are interesting...

I'm British. Nothing exciting, my 23andme says from all over the UK but mostly Scottish and Irish. Mums maiden name is irish, dads is scottish.

Dad: blonde hair with slight curl. His mum and sister are dark auburn with curls. My only cousin on that end has curly brown hair. They all keep it short so never really seen the curls in its full glory
    Mum: brown straight hair. Her parents had brown hair but mums sisters are naturally blonde, except one who is also brunette. They all have straight hair.

Me. I got the blonde from my dad and straight hair from my mum but I do get more wave than her. One brother is straight blonde hair and my older brother is slightly curly slightly auburn. His kids are blonde so people sometimes assume they're mine lol.

Length
    SL/FTL/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I'm American with roots in most of the common countries that spread across the US so German, English, and Irish heritage but the ethnicity that immigrated the most recently is the Finnish side. After tracing ancestry and we did find that even the English and Irish sides of the family are more Norwegian and Swedish as well, so we're primarily Scandinavian and Finnish it seems. Far northern European and from communities in the far north of all those countries. I don't know how much you care about the specifics, I usually just say I'm American with Finnish ancestry if I'm asked.

Anyways, my hair is very, very fine and fairly dense. It's right on the border of iii hair at the nape (4.15in) but it looks much thinner due to old layers and plain fragility. It's a darker blonde color with some red tones and it is very easily bleached by the sun. My skin is very oily, including on my scalp, and my hair tends to be fairly tangly. It's also on the wavy side of straight. I liked Solovey's phrase of "straight with an attitude". It isn't definitely wavy, it just refuses to lay straight. At best I can comb it straight for a day but it seems to prefer it's stupid pattern over anything I try to make it do. Curls fall out quickly and so do waves, but straightening also only lasts a couple hours.

I'm also unusual in that everyone else in my family has quite dark brown hair. My hair color seems to be directly from my Finnish grandmother as if someone just copied and pasted it onto me. It's odd how genetics work sometimes.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL ~ KL

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Interesting
    I'm Polish and I have sincerely no idea how my family tree looks like and what ancestors I could have. So I really don't know if there's a mix of some other ethnicity.
    I take after my father, my mom has fine brown waves 2a/2b.
    My grandmother- straight and ashy blonde, my aunt ( deceased 2 years ago) had golden coarse curls. All of them have blue or green eyes.
    My hair is medium, wavy/wurly and dark ashy brown. I see clearly that curls come from my fathers family.
    Go figure.
    Anyway I'm not a typical slavic girl. I have a theory that I had some Jewish ancestors but thats just my wild guessing
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Lady Sheala the Conjurer of the Empress Tree in the Order of Long Haired Knights

Length
    19/31/50
    Type
    3b/M/i/ii

I'm half Canadian, half cuban. I'd say I have a caucasian texture, however, I have 3b curly hair. My hair is different from my mother, who has black, course, 3c hair. My father has wavy brown/dirty blond hair. My hair is soft and the same colour as my dad but, has the same hispanic curliness as the other side of my family.

My hair also grows fast, since both sides of my family have fast growing hair. In the sun, my hair sun-bleaches and leaves me with brown roots and blond ends! This has always bothered me, since prefer fully brown hair.

I've always been complimented on my hair since it's different than most in my country. My hair isn't too hard to manage either. Not dry or brittle.

Length
    APL/BSL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

NZ European. 3b/3c.

Last trim: September 2023
    BSL

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm Italian, born and raised and so are my parents, siblings and grandparents. We all are from the Northern part of the Country. The only exception we're aware of is my great-grandma who was of Northern and Eastern European descent - she had fine, wavy, very light blonde hair. The rest of us sport various shades of dark brown, dark blonde and red pin straight (1A/1B), fine hair. My hair cannot hold a curl for more than a few hours and this is true for the majority of my family, as well. My mom took after her father and she just has a couple of undetectable whites in her dark brown hair (she's 70). I apparently didn't inherit this trait but that only means I'll soon be able to join the redhead side of the family thanks to henna! :P I like my hair a lot the way it is, but if I could choose, I wish it was naturally red.