Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Other Side of The Coin (prejudice against short hair)

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Angry The Other Side of The Coin (prejudice against short hair)

I found this ridiculous article a few days ago. I know it's just the Daily Mail at it again, but still.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-gone-sex.html

Why can't women have whatever hair they want to have, without people (of both genders) reading nonexistent meanings into their hair length, colour, texture, etc?

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Other Side of The Coin (prejudice against short hair)

That is one of the most ridiculous articles I've ever seen
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/WL/TB/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Right, like Natalie Portman can be anything but hot in any hair length... I don't know a single guy that won't drool over her (as do a lot of girls). I would look like cr*p with short hair because I simply don't have the face for it, but my childhood friend looks super cute with pixie cuts because of her oval shaped face and feminine features. She still looks feminine and my husband's friends and cousin have all drooled over her. She definately is very secure and liberated and into men. So are so many others that I've met. Wow, way to read way into things that are simply not related...

Some people simply like the look, the wash and go, and lack of itchy hair in the hot summers. Also, they can experiment with their hair a lot without having to wait more that a few months for it to grow out. Bonus. People definately need to get over other people's hair. People wear their hair however it makes them feel beautiful. Nothing wrong with that.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    Ear/TBL/CL
    Type
    3b/M/i

it said hair length was a sign of self esteem so what does that mean does a long hair have low self esteem or high self esteem, they did not specify.
    Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist-Hip-TBL-Classical-MTL-Knee---Onward and Downward

Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Looks like more BS to me!

P.S. Natalie Portman looked totally gorgeous even when she shaved her head.

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kwaniesiam View Post
    That is one of the most ridiculous articles I've ever seen
    I agree. Jerry Hall is" desparate" because she's hung on to her long tresses for far too long at 52?! What does that make me?
    I cut my hair into a short bob in 2003 in a happy marriage for no other reason than I wanted a change. Sometimes a haircut is just a haircut.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Length
    pixie/cheek/BS
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Wow, I'm dizzy from the back and forth from the media.

I don't know which part made me laugh more the part where as women age our hair gets shorter because we don't want or the part where if you want to snag a man, keep your hair long.

Type
    2a/M/iii

True, of course, the article is mostly BS. But it does remind me of the Breakup Haircuts thread http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ferrerid=28511
    because lots of people were talking about just that - rebelling against their ex's, making a drastic change in their hair to symbolize the change in their lives, how hair is a reflection of how someone sees herself... so maybe there is a grain of truth to the article.
    (but only a grain. most of it is just silly, and badly written to boot)

Length
    apl/waist/tlbn
    Type
    2c/F/ii

agh! what a ridiculous and horrifying piece of writing, *laughs at the many unqualified assertions about what men like*

The part about long hair on older women = mutton dressed up as lamb really irritated me. I really dislike that turn of phrase in the first place and the way it literally compares women to pieces of meat Older women are not 'mutton' but people and for me, beauty and sexiness are certainly not exclusive to the young. If a woman feels beautiful with long hair, I think that will shine through no matter what the age.

Why can't women have whatever hair they want to have, without people (of both genders) reading nonexistent meanings into their hair length, colour, texture, etc?
    Exactly.

And hear hear about Natalie Portman's shaved hotness
    Last edited by melusine; April 16th, 2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: spelling error :3
    "You do not win by struggling to the top of a caste system, you win by refusing to be trapped within one at all. The woman wins who calls herself beautiful and challenges the world to truly see her" -- Naomi Wolf

Length
    29?/34.75/38+
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Ugg. Yeah, this is why several of the feminist blogs I frequent call them The Daily Fail.