Thread: Hair taping

Default Hair taping

Hi All
    Anybody here tried hair taping??????? If so I would like to see pictures

Patty lou

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Hair taping

I love hair taping! It's easy and so gentle on the hair, I just wish my braids in it were thicker. I make two braids low in the back, as close together as possible, then wrap the one on the left to the right, and the one on the right to the left so that there's no gap at the back, though you do get some bulk there. I prefer to use two braids for this because it keeps the width even the whole way around that way, though I could use just a single braid which would look nice on one side but sad on the other. I do find, however, that the taping squeezes the hair a little so that your braids end up looking slightly thinner than they actually are.

Anyone know how to post a photo without uploading it to an album and linking to it?

That's really pretty, Ksenia! And your kitty is cute, too!

As far as posting photos without loading them in albums, I use photobucket (or any other photo hosting site would work, I'm sure) and copy and paste the proper code into the post.

Patty Lou, there is a youtube video by our own TorrinPaige showing how to do it. I hope this is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbAdvL8kME
    Utlizing only the Contacts portion of the Friends list feature.

Length
    11/47/60
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I love hair taping! As restourceful already linked my tut, I'll just give you some pics!

The first one is rope braided, but the other two are just twisted...which is a good option if your braids end up eating up too much length.

Length
    SL/40"/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I have a tutorial to a different way of doing it than Torrinpaige. Hers is smoother in the back, though.
    (Link in sig.)

Length
    Pixie/APL/TBL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ksenia View Post
    [IMG]
    I love hair taping! It's easy and so gentle on the hair, I just wish my braids in it were thicker. I make two braids low in the back, as close together as possible, then wrap the one on the left to the right, and the one on the right to the left so that there's no gap at the back, though you do get some bulk there. I prefer to use two braids for this because it keeps the width even the whole way around that way, though I could use just a single braid which would look nice on one side but sad on the other. I do find, however, that the taping squeezes the hair a little so that your braids end up looking slightly thinner than they actually are.

Anyone know how to post a photo without uploading it to an album and linking to it?
    Beautiful kitty! Hair also good!

Type
    1c/F/i

so beautiful! look like halos on all you darling angels! can't wait 'til mine gets long enough! gonna be awhile still .........

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I love hair taping, it's very comfortable, but whenever I try it I get a messy thing I have tried it with two English braids, though I will try it just twisting because it seems easier.
    Sometimes my scalp also hurts, I think I catch too much scalp hair and that pulls...Any tips on how to solve this problem?

Length
    17"/tb/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I don't have any pictures to share yet (still waiting on the length), but I absolutely love the way this looks! As soon as my hair gets long enough, this will be the first style I try. I can't wait to get back to the renaissance festival this year and have my hair crown braided again. It's so comfortable, just as this style looks to be

Length
    20"/36"/44"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I just can't wait to try out hair taping. It looks so beautiful and comfortable.
    Beautiful pics by the way!(All of you!)