Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    This has been what I have been using for about a year now. I had transitioned to the Curly Girl Method, and surprisingly this seems to work just as well as some curl creams I had tried.

My go-to recipe is to use TRESSEME BOTANIQUE for the conditioner, and I cut the coconut oil in half with emu oil. I whip it all together until it's fluffy like frosting.

My curls have never been better.
    So you use it as a leave in? How long does it keep?
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    4/32/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    So you use it as a leave in? How long does it keep?
    I make small batches at a time. Only using a tbs as my part. I've always used it up before it goes bad.

I do leave it in. I sometimes will coat it on thick before washing, but for everyday I use a pea sized amount on each side of my head. I start at the ends and then glide my hands over the whole length once my hands are almost dry, just to catch the fly aways.

Length
    CL/HL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    I make small batches at a time. Only using a tbs as my part. I've always used it up before it goes bad.

I do leave it in. I sometimes will coat it on thick before washing, but for everyday I use a pea sized amount on each side of my head. I start at the ends and then glide my hands over the whole length once my hands are almost dry, just to catch the fly aways.
    I didn't thought it could go bad, I thought that since it doesn't contain water it wouldn't spoil

CL (15'') 2016 / HL (32") / TBL (36'')

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I made something similar to this for my big ol' pregnant belly 2 years ago. It was was probably 3 parts shea 2 part coconut oil. Mixed with the cake mixer for a few minutes, then into freezer. Take out mix again, back in freezer until it was whipped looking. I made 3 batches so I could have different scents but actually preferred unscented. I tried lavender and tea tree but then read pregnant ladies should avoid tea tree ugh lol. I find shea very waxy too like I've seen a lot of people describe. Its hit or miss. I like shea in commercial conditioners most times but the belly butter mix was so heavy my hair couldn't handle it. I may have to try the original recipe and see how it goes.

Length
    12/24 in/40 in
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Gonna try this recipe today

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I really want to try this as my hair loves coconut and oils generally. I was wondering if I can skip the conditioner in the mix and add it separately on hair. That's because I want to use the shea butter/coconut oil cream as a body butter as well, not only on my hair. Should I mix conditioner with it in palms before applying on hair or just apply a leave-in and then the shea butter/coconut oil cream? Or is it important for the conditioner to be already mixed in the cream?
    Chin - NL - SL - APL - BSL - WL (Dec 2024) - HL - TBL - Classic(June 2026)

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

When my hair were long, I used it always and it was SUPER!!! I'm looking forward to have may hair enough long to use it again

Length
    Pixie/Pixie/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Inazina View Post
    I really want to try this as my hair loves coconut and oils generally. I was wondering if I can skip the conditioner in the mix and add it separately on hair. That's because I want to use the shea butter/coconut oil cream as a body butter as well, not only on my hair. Should I mix conditioner with it in palms before applying on hair or just apply a leave-in and then the shea butter/coconut oil cream? Or is it important for the conditioner to be already mixed in the cream?
    I personally prepared a very little pot with the leave in ready to use, using "1tbs" as "1 part". You need so few quantity of leave in that it will last for months and you can use the jar of shea butter for other uses

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I tried the original recipe but it was WAY too heavy for my hair. I have not figured out a good way to use the shea butter in DIY recipes. Commercial treatments like Shea Moisture masks are great for my hair, maybe I’m using too much shea.

I will be trying this soon! Very rarely do I come accross a recipe I have all the ingredients for, very exciting!