Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 301 to 310 of 310

Thread: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

  1. #301
    Fairy Queen blackgothicdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,130
    Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    This has been what I have been using for about a year now. I had transitioned to the Curly Girl Method, and surprisingly this seems to work just as well as some curl creams I had tried.

    My go-to recipe is to use TRESSEME BOTANIQUE for the conditioner, and I cut the coconut oil in half with emu oil. I whip it all together until it's fluffy like frosting.

    My curls have never been better.
    So you use it as a leave in? How long does it keep?
    one year, one month heat free
    NL |SL | APL | BSL | WSL | HL
    flaws are the most advanced form of art.

  2. #302
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    68
    Length
    4/30.5/38
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    So you use it as a leave in? How long does it keep?
    I make small batches at a time. Only using a tbs as my part. I've always used it up before it goes bad.

    I do leave it in. I sometimes will coat it on thick before washing, but for everyday I use a pea sized amount on each side of my head. I start at the ends and then glide my hands over the whole length once my hands are almost dry, just to catch the fly aways.

  3. #303
    Member hollygolightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    171
    Length
    CL/HL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    I make small batches at a time. Only using a tbs as my part. I've always used it up before it goes bad.

    I do leave it in. I sometimes will coat it on thick before washing, but for everyday I use a pea sized amount on each side of my head. I start at the ends and then glide my hands over the whole length once my hands are almost dry, just to catch the fly aways.
    I didn't thought it could go bad, I thought that since it doesn't contain water it wouldn't spoil

    CL (15'') 2016 / HL (32") / TBL (36'')


  4. #304
    Member milosmomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,131
    Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    I made something similar to this for my big ol' pregnant belly 2 years ago. It was was probably 3 parts shea 2 part coconut oil. Mixed with the cake mixer for a few minutes, then into freezer. Take out mix again, back in freezer until it was whipped looking. I made 3 batches so I could have different scents but actually preferred unscented. I tried lavender and tea tree but then read pregnant ladies should avoid tea tree ugh lol. I find shea very waxy too like I've seen a lot of people describe. Its hit or miss. I like shea in commercial conditioners most times but the belly butter mix was so heavy my hair couldn't handle it. I may have to try the original recipe and see how it goes.

  5. #305
    Member TameThisMane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Colorado, United States
    Age
    27
    Posts
    34
    Length
    12/24 in/40 in
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    Gonna try this recipe today

  6. #306
    Member Inazina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    66
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    I really want to try this as my hair loves coconut and oils generally. I was wondering if I can skip the conditioner in the mix and add it separately on hair. That's because I want to use the shea butter/coconut oil cream as a body butter as well, not only on my hair. Should I mix conditioner with it in palms before applying on hair or just apply a leave-in and then the shea butter/coconut oil cream? Or is it important for the conditioner to be already mixed in the cream?
    Chin - NL - SL - APL - BSL - WL (Dec 2024) - HL - TBL - Classic(June 2026)

  7. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    53
    Length
    Pixie/Pixie/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    When my hair were long, I used it always and it was SUPER!!! I'm looking forward to have may hair enough long to use it again

  8. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    53
    Length
    Pixie/Pixie/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/ii

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    Quote Originally Posted by Inazina View Post
    I really want to try this as my hair loves coconut and oils generally. I was wondering if I can skip the conditioner in the mix and add it separately on hair. That's because I want to use the shea butter/coconut oil cream as a body butter as well, not only on my hair. Should I mix conditioner with it in palms before applying on hair or just apply a leave-in and then the shea butter/coconut oil cream? Or is it important for the conditioner to be already mixed in the cream?
    I personally prepared a very little pot with the leave in ready to use, using "1tbs" as "1 part". You need so few quantity of leave in that it will last for months and you can use the jar of shea butter for other uses

  9. #309
    Member Jane99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    With my cats
    Posts
    1,311
    Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    I tried the original recipe but it was WAY too heavy for my hair. I have not figured out a good way to use the shea butter in DIY recipes. Commercial treatments like Shea Moisture masks are great for my hair, maybe I’m using too much shea.


  10. #310

    Default Re: Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream

    I will be trying this soon! Very rarely do I come accross a recipe I have all the ingredients for, very exciting!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •