Page 1272 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 2727721172122212621270127112721273127412821322 ... LastLast
Results 12,711 to 12,720 of 13294

Thread: The braid picture thread

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The braid picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    Thanks for your answers. The braid looks very beautiful on you. Especially your roots look super smooth. It gave me the inspiration to try it myself. I've started off a couple of times in the past but were never able to figure out how to move my hands when adding strands. This time I think it worked Now I need to try the dutch version.

Oh yeah! You did it perfectly!

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GoddesJourney View Post
    Oh yeah! You did it perfectly!
    Thank you

Length
    12/30"/38 "
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Thanks for your answers. The braid looks very beautiful on you. Especially your roots look super smooth. It gave me the inspiration to try it myself. I've started off a couple of times in the past but were never able to figure out how to move my hands when adding strands. This time I think it worked Now I need to try the dutch version.

Wow! Beautiful!

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Thank you
    Thanks for posting a picture! I love pretty hair pictures. You have lighter hair than I do so it's easy to see the design as well.

I forgot to mention, if you like the sort of tapered, looser look like the one I did on my daughter, pull the braid slightly away from your head while you're making it instead of doing it snug to your scalp. When you let it fall it sort of fans out like a big triangle instead of having a distinct section where the head part ends and the braid part begins.

I wonder how this would look tucked. Or if it was split off into several braids after the head part and either left to hang or looped back up with the ends pinned underneath. TatsuOni is good at stuff like that. I rarely make such fancy stuff but it looks cool.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Looks great!

I don't know if this counts as a braid but here's a braided beehive. Cross-posted from "Put your hair photos here..."

Last edited by Shorty89; August 7th, 2021 at 06:13 PM.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Looks awesome Finda!

I already commented on your lovely updo in the other thread Shorty

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeZ View Post
    Wow! Beautiful!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by GoddesJourney View Post
    Thanks for posting a picture! I love pretty hair pictures. You have lighter hair than I do so it's easy to see the design as well.

I forgot to mention, if you like the sort of tapered, looser look like the one I did on my daughter, pull the braid slightly away from your head while you're making it instead of doing it snug to your scalp. When you let it fall it sort of fans out like a big triangle instead of having a distinct section where the head part ends and the braid part begins.

I wonder how this would look tucked. Or if it was split off into several braids after the head part and either left to hang or looped back up with the ends pinned underneath. TatsuOni is good at stuff like that. I rarely make such fancy stuff but it looks cool.
    Thanks for the pointer. When I try something new I do tight braids, in order to not get confused. But I do prefer how this style looks more loosely braided.
    I did a braided pinless with it and that held up much better than a regular french braid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Looks great!

I don't know if this counts as a braid but here's a braided beehive. Cross-posted from "Put your hair photos here..."
    Thanks. Wow, I was instantly impressed by this beehive. With the differently sized braids it looks super beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Looks awesome Finda!
    Thank you

Length
    SL/FTL/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I got bored and my scalp is being irritable so I wanted to create milkmaid braids. I decided to do a Madora and it turned out better than I expected.

SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ HL~ BCL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ FTL ~ KL

Length
    Waist/Thigh/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Finda, Shorty89, Pouncequick, you all have such lovely braids/updos, I wish I had the patience to even dare to start one of those

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Miss Thyme Thank you

Pouncequick I've heard the Madora being mentioned around here, but have never actually seen one. It looks very beautiful on you.