Page 1182 of 1330 FirstFirst ... 18268210821132117211801181118211831184119212321282 ... LastLast
Results 11,811 to 11,820 of 13294

Thread: The braid picture thread

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: The braid picture thread

Hey, draysmir, we wore the same style yesterday! Actually, I pinned mine up first and then taped them in the evening so they would stay during my workout.

Yours looks so much nicer than mine!

Length
    BSL/CL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/ii

draysmir really, really pretty
    You are a beautiful creation! Psalm 139

Length
    -/CLS/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Yesterday's taped coronet braid.

That's so very beautiful! Color of that ribbon works nicely with your hair color!
    Did you use that ribbon to tie your braid to its place, or is there some well hidden pins holding it?

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    I can’t see the pics yet but I have a question about braiding which is probably too subjective to answer but... is it ok to do braids daily? I put mine up to sleep in and I’m worried it will damage the length. I haven’t any split ends and I’m using coconut oil to condition before plaiting.
    I’m another that wears braids a lot: pretty well the only time it’s not braided is when I’m washing, letting it drip dry, or brushing it. I find it’s the only way to prevent the worst of the tangles. As TarsuOni says, the kind of hair tie is important. I also change where the braid begins: whether to either side or centre, and height, and I never get the strands equally distributed. This changes where Each strand ends up in the braid, and means it gets tied off at different stages in the length each time. The other thing I watch is how tightly I do the bait... I’m a bit of a fidget, so it’s often better if I can then pin the braid up out of the wy...

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    I’m another that wears braids a lot: pretty well the only time it’s not braided is when I’m washing, letting it drip dry, or brushing it. I find it’s the only way to prevent the worst of the tangles. As TarsuOni says, the kind of hair tie is important. I also change where the braid begins: whether to either side or centre, and height, and I never get the strands equally distributed. This changes where Each strand ends up in the braid, and means it gets tied off at different stages in the length each time. The other thing I watch is how tightly I do the bait... I’m a bit of a fidget, so it’s often better if I can then pin the braid up out of the wy...
    Thanks for your reply. The only thing is my braid skills are so elementary that I can only do a very basic plait - a pony tail at the back, or pigtail ones at each side. For the pigtails, at the side I do a double twist along the front / side of my head to the back of my ear where I then get the rest of the hair to form three strands - I don’t know if that is called something. I’d love to be able to do a Dutch plait but it’s too tricky.

TatsuOni’s ribbon braid pic I can see and it looks wonderful. Such a nice colour too.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Tiliantti View Post
    That's so very beautiful! Color of that ribbon works nicely with your hair color!
    Did you use that ribbon to tie your braid to its place, or is there some well hidden pins holding it?
    Thank you! It's just the ribbon holding it all together

Thanks for your reply. The only thing is my braid skills are so elementary that I can only do a very basic plait - a pony tail at the back, or pigtail ones at each side. For the pigtails, at the side I do a double twist along the front / side of my head to the back of my ear where I then get the rest of the hair to form three strands - I don’t know if that is called something. I’d love to be able to do a Dutch plait but it’s too tricky.

TatsuOni’s ribbon braid pic I can see and it looks wonderful. Such a nice colour too.
    Thank you!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Hey, draysmir, we wore the same style yesterday! Actually, I pinned mine up first and then taped them in the evening so they would stay during my workout.

Yours looks so much nicer than mine!
    I like how practical the hairstyle is!

Quote Originally Posted by elise.autumn View Post
    draysmir really, really pretty
    Thank you
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by draysmir View Post
    Stunning

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thank you MadelineMomo.
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I don’t bother with Dutch or French type braids much, and usually just do a normal plait and use clips of some kind to pin it to my head.