Page 1073 of 1331 FirstFirst ... 735739731023106310711072107310741075108311231173 ... LastLast
Results 10,721 to 10,730 of 13302

Thread: The braid picture thread

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Default Re: The braid picture thread

Dutch braids done by a granddaughter for my trip to Texas. Wore these for two days. Nice for travel. Just put the long tails into a lazy wrap bun. Here my thinness is very apparent. Would ever show this much scalp at home around friends.
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

Length
    NL/APL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    sophia, that's gorgeous! So sleek and looong.

Ashley, so thick! And very neatly done.

Awww, yay!! My first thud, lol! Thank you so much Zesty!

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    Dutch braids done by a granddaughter for my trip to Texas. Wore these for two days. Nice for travel. Just put the long tails into a lazy wrap bun. Here my thinness is very apparent. Would ever show this much scalp at home around friends.
    That’s so pretty! I think that style often shows some skin, I’ve seen teenagers with scalp showing. Your granddaughter has a very useful skill there

Don't agree at all about the thinness, it looks fine! Mine looks like that when I do two dutch braids as well, I gain some thickness at the back, but from what I can see it looks about the same.

In my experience, french braids does appear a bit thicker, and gives a bit of volume, so I usually wear them. But I love dutch braids as well, and yours look so well done and flattering with your color! If you want them to appear thicker you could always pull a bit on the braid, but then it doesn't look as neat, and it may not work that well for 1a hair either. Anyway, I enjoyed seeing you with braids
    Hair thickness:6.2 cm (2.4'') Longest: TBL + Current length: APL (maintaining) Goal length: Waist

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

... Here my thinness is very apparent. Would ever show this much scalp at home around friends. ...
    Agreeing with the others, I don't see any problem! Your granddaughter did a fabulous job. She also used very small sections, which will make anyone's scalp show through. I've always been torn between the intricacy of thin sections, and the faster-to-do scalp-covering thick sections. Personally, I think the intricacy more than makes up for any presumed thinness that no one outside of the wearer will notice!

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Account Closed by Member Request

It looks lovely Bparnell.

Account Closed by Member Request

Talking Re: The braid picture thread

Oh I love braids!! ♥️♥️♥️

Here is part of my Dutch/French side braid. People always stop me on the street to ask where I had it done. Their jaws drop when I reply “I did it myself”. Haha! The trick is having two mirrors facing each other, so I can see the back of my head. 👍

Having more fun, almost resembles a crown braid today. That will have to be what I learn to do, next.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cjk View Post

Having more fun, almost resembles a crown braid today. That will have to be what I learn to do, next.
    Wow, your hair seems to grow like a weed!
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

My first attempt at a Dutch five strand braid at this length. It's been quite a while since I've done this one but I guess I still remember the technique. I wasn't confident about pulling the braid over my shoulder so I just braided *up*. Arms so tired.

If anyone can't see this image, let me know, I'm using this service for the first time.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com