Thread: Cassia gave my hair a brownish colour

Length
    8/12/26
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Cassia gave my hair a brownish colour

I neep help, please!

I've been dying my hair with Moroccan henna for the past two years (usually once a month), however, the hair has darkened too much because of the build-up. Three months ago I used a red hair dye (a 9.4 combined with a 30 vol developer) and it did lighten it a bit, however, the result was still not what I wanted. For the past month, I've been using a sun-in every time I wash my hair, and it has finally brought my hair to the colour that I wanted. It has also damaged it quite a bit, though (especially the ends).

Yesterday I decided to do a cassia + henna treatment, as the colour had dulled and I wanted to revive the copper tones. I mixed up about 70% cassia and 30% henna, used chamomile tea and left it on for about 3 hours.

When I went to wash my hair it was a complete disaster. Sure, my hair feels much stronger now, but 2/3 of my hair has turned into a dark brownish colour, while my roots are still a nice light copper tone.

What the hell happened?
    What can I do to bring it back to its original colour?

Please help me!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Cassia gave my hair a brownish colour

Does it seem like something you used on your hair reacted with the plants? If your natural hair at the roots has taken the color you wanted, it is because of something in the length. You can wait for it to lighten or drag the color with lemon or vitamin C mixed with water and put it in the sun, and then put cassia alone on a strand to see what it does.
    SHAVED june 2020 ~ MBL ~ goal WL
    On the floating, shapeless oceans
    I did all my best to smile