Thread: Cassia over elumen and psoriasis

Length
    5/30/50
    Type
    2c/F/M/i

Default Cassia over elumen and psoriasis

Hi,
    I recently experimented with Khadi henna mixes. First I used Khadi hints of gold as a prep. It contains Cassia auriculata leaf powder (Senna), Indigo tinctoria leaf powder (Indigo), Lawsonia inermis leaf powder (Henna), Curcuma longa rhizomepowder (Tumeric).

I followed this up with Khadi Ash Brown containing Indigofera Tinctoria (Indigo) Leaf Powder
    Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) Leaf Powder
    Cassia Auriculata Leaf Powder
    Emblica Officinalis Fruit Powder
    Emblica alba powder
    Azadirachta indica leaf powder (Neem). Color wise it was not what I wanted. In most lights, it looked great, a nice, rich dark ash brown. But in sunlight...the usual clown hair effect. So, I've sworn off henna for the third and final time.

The problem is...the henna mixes really cleared up my scalp psoriasis. I'm guessing it was mainly the henna, but I'm hoping the cassia helped too.

I'm trying elumen for the first time and I really like it. It's much more gentle than any artificial dye I've tried before.

Now, I'm wondering what will happen if I try to put cassia over the dark ash brown elumen. Will it leave a golden aura? Or will my hair turn green? Does anyone have any advice or experience with this?

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Cassia over elumen and psoriasis

Strand test try it on a bunch of shed hair, and see what happens. That's the only way you'll know for sure.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness