Page 354 of 387 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 3868

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Quote Originally Posted by Inazina View Post
    After one pure henna application on previously bleached hair toned with some light brown dye, I had two more with half cassia and half henna (plus a bit of amla and aloe) as my bleached ends are fading being more porous. I don't want to go too dark (hence the cassia) but I don't want a harsh line between my light brown roots and the lengths either. I just bought a "Henna + 9 ayurvedic herbs" that I never used before and I plan to use it next time. Anybody else used that? I can't seem to find out what percentage of henna is in the mixture compared with the other plants. Also, as I still have a bit of a difference between my vitgin+henna roots and the chemically dyed+henna lengths, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to do another full henna application or continue with half cassia and half henna (the new one with 9 other herbs).
    What is the henna and herb product?

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    If your hennaed color has already oxidised and settled down underneath, amla can't interact with its ph anymore.
    The color underneath would remain the same.

It may darken it ever so slightly, but amla gives a feeble hint of color that Is not permanent and wash out with the first shampoo. YMMV, but unless you do constant applications I doubt It would show up.
    Thank you for this answer! I was wondering the same thing...

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RunOnCaffeine View Post
    What is the henna and herb product?
    It's called Ayumi Herbal Henna + 9 Himalayan Herbs. It has Rajasthani Henna, Brahmi, Amla, Shikakai, Jatamasi, Tulsi, Aloe Vera, Bhringraj, Neem, and Hibiscus. I assume it's mostly henna, but I'm not sure. I think I'm going to try it on my eyebrows tomorrow and see how it goes.
    Chin - NL - SL - APL - BSL - WL (Dec 2024) - HL - TBL - Classic(June 2026)

It's called Ayumi Herbal Henna + 9 Himalayan Herbs. It has Rajasthani Henna, Brahmi, Amla, Shikakai, Jatamasi, Tulsi, Aloe Vera, Bhringraj, Neem, and Hibiscus. I assume it's mostly henna, but I'm not sure. I think I'm going to try it on my eyebrows tomorrow and see how it goes.
    I thought it might be! I used that on my hair on Saturday. It seems to have come out very similar to the Lush caca rouge on me, but less messy to apply and wash out. So far, I do like it, but I prefer my hair when the henna has faded out a little

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RunOnCaffeine View Post
    I thought it might be! I used that on my hair on Saturday. It seems to have come out very similar to the Lush caca rouge on me, but less messy to apply and wash out. So far, I do like it, but I prefer my hair when the henna has faded out a little
    Oh, thank you so much. I'm going to use it without Cassia on my roots in this case, as Caca Rouge had a weaker stain than pure Henna if I remember correctly (I only used it once, years ago). Did you mix it with water only? I usually add a splash of lemon juice in my mix. How long you left it to dye release?
    Chin - NL - SL - APL - BSL - WL (Dec 2024) - HL - TBL - Classic(June 2026)

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I use Godrej Nupur henna(Henna, Brahmi, Shikakai, Aloe Vera, Methi, Bhringraj, Amla, Neem, Hibiscus & Jatamansi), so similar composition of henna and herbs but different company. The henna stains nice and dark, a red but definitely with a brownish tint.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Oh, thank you so much. I'm going to use it without Cassia on my roots in this case, as Caca Rouge had a weaker stain than pure Henna if I remember correctly (I only used it once, years ago). Did you mix it with water only? I usually add a splash of lemon juice in my mix. How long you left it to dye release?
    I used boiling water and left it for about 6 hours (only because I ended up going out and doing later than expected). Easy to tell because it changes from a green powder to brown/red mud. I thought it would stain my skin orange but it washed out nicely.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

So here is my "from bleach to henna" story:

A week or so ago I did my first henna treatment in nearly two years. In those two years I bleached my hair several times and used a lot of different semi permament colors like directions (mostly blue and violet). -> first picture
    But eventually I grew tired of it and I wanted to grow my hair long again. I researched a lot and devoured Nightshades book on natural hair coloring (this was SO helpful to get me back on track!).
    So it was really experimental to use henna over all of my crazy colouring and I had no idea how it would turn out.
    My plan was to start with a henna/indigo/cassia mix with equal ratios because I didn't have enough henna at the time to do a full head application. And YES my hair turned out to have a greenish hue but that was what I expected. -> second picture
    When my henna arrived I did a full application and it turned out just as I hoped. -> third and fourth pictures
    I used 100g Henna from Naturesroot, hibiscus tea and chamomile. After 3hours dye release I let it sit on my head for 5.5 hours and rinsed it off with conditioner.
    My hair felt completely different! I'm so buffled by how henna transformed my crunchy hair into something that ... feels like hair again. <3

Long story short I'm so glad to be back to henna!

Sylverwing, Keeper of the Moonwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Ohhh that looks lovely WinterFox

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Thanks Nightshade

Sylverwing, Keeper of the Moonwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights