Page 52 of 387 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Quote Originally Posted by Nat242 View Post
    MeMyselfI - Thanks for the tip, but I don't want to make the colour more brown - rather, I want to make it more red, less orange.

Celebrian - No such luck, there's no ingredients list. I left it to dye release overnight, and it's a bit darker now, but not the brownish colour I normally see in dye-releasing henna. I tested some on the inside of my wrist and got a slight yellow/orange stain in 30 seconds, but it's already faded completely. I put some shed hair in the mix this morning, and will check it when I get home this evening.

I'm thinking I'll go back to my old henna - this stuff is weird.

Thanks to Nightshade and Riot Crrl too for confirming that it's not just me, that colour is WRONG

-- Natalie
    I understand now, when you said cooler I thought less red.

I found that the Jamila left my hair the reddest after oxidation. Just a thought.

I still love your hair colour. That is the colour I want.

I once read that adding a bit of vinergar (1/2 cup to 2-3 cup water) will produce a redder colour. I have not done this since I want more orange with a hint of red.
    Last edited by MeMyselfandI; July 18th, 2008 at 10:12 AM.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

repeated post

I thought I would post the results of my first strand test. Very subtle, but I think it looks richer. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to capture that in a photo.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Very pretty! It looks like mahagony

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

allison,

I notice a major difference.

Remember that the colour will oxidize for up to 3-4 days.

Thanks. I thought I might post some pics of my hair currently.

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

allison,

that looks like thee different colours.

I agree. Mostly it's just due to the different lighting and color of my shirt.... (And also the crappy camera at work.)

Sort of reminds me of some of those optical illusions where teh same colors appear different depending on what colors they are next to.

http://www.optillusions.com/dp/1-64.htm
    http://www.optillusions.com/dp/1-20.htm

Length
    24/26/Hips
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by allison76401 View Post
    I agree. Mostly it's just due to the different lighting and color of my shirt.... (And also the crappy camera at work.)

Sort of reminds me of some of those optical illusions where teh same colors appear different depending on what colors they are next to.

http://www.optillusions.com/dp/1-64.htm
    http://www.optillusions.com/dp/1-20.htm
    LOL at the optical illusions, but how true.

I like the middle picture.

Type
    2a/M/iii

Hi all,

Since the new forum I have not participated in this henna thread. I am still using it though and loving it.

Today I prepared two mixes. First: a handful of dried lavender and a handful of AASSE (some herb used around here people claim it is good for the hair, this is the Arabic name, sorry for that I will try to find the English one) boiled for 15 minutes and then kept worm. When I wanted to use it I drained the leaves and buds, then mixed with a cup and 1/3 of Indigo. I don't know if anyone tried lavender tea before but it turned out very purplish. I used this mix today, I applied mainly to the front part of my hair and no length application, that is why I made so little, I did not want to apply it to the back of my head and did not want to touch the length. I only left if for 30 minutes because I did not want it to get so dark. I have to wait till tomorrow to judge the color.....

The second mix which I will use tomorrow or the day after: a handful of rose buds and a handful of chamomile boiled for 15 minutes. The result was 12/3 of cups of liquid I first added some rose water to have two full cups then started mixing with 2 cups of yemeni henna. I needed more liquid so I added some rose water till I had a good consistency. Now it is covered in my kitchen waiting for application.

Now I don't know if I will use indigo alone again. It turned my bath tub blue and I have blue stains all over my body. If I like the color so much I have to find another way to apply it. But it is much messier than henna. I usually apply my henna in the bathtub so any drip is easy to rinse both from the tub and from my body, with indigo that did not work so well.
    Last edited by Misso; July 19th, 2008 at 11:33 AM.

My hair is shoulder length now... but that is nothing to flaunt.
    15Apr2013 Hair is 1-2" shy from the pic above. Much better.