Results 3,731 to 3,740 of 3757

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Length
    Chin/CLSC+/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    im heavily considering hennaing my hair to help old bad highlights i gave myself blend in while they grow out, i cant decide if i should just henna or do indigo too though.. i suppose if i dont like the henna or get tired of it i can just do indigo on top right?
    Yes indeedy. If you decide to add an indigo layer, I would recommend having a fresh henna layer, because it'll stick better.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Henndigo head, daily wash and go, annual trimmer

Length
    CBL/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/F/iii

thanks for the tip! im pretty excited, ive never done henna before.

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I'll need to re-purchase henna after my next roots application for the first time since I started coloring my hair with it last year (I committed whole-hog, so I had bought a lot of product at once :P)

I've been using the straight-up henna powder from The Henna Guys for all this time, but I don't love how little information they provide about where their henna comes from. I'm interested in trying out Kitsune Fire Fox from NightBlooming for the extra conditioning benefits. Would that blend seamlessly with the pure henna coloring, though? I feel like it would, since the only permanently color-imparting ingredient in KFF is the henna. Anyone ever made this switch before or know of someone who has?

ETA: I didn't clarify that I would be planning to continue roots-only applications, and am not planning to do another full-head application since I'm satisfied with how dark my hair is currently. I suppose I could do a gloss of KFF, but I'd prefer not to risk darkening my overall color at all--I know I mentioned in another post a while back being annoyed at my slightly faded ends, but I've since grown really attached to them and I like to stick them out of my buns sometimes because they look fun, hehe.
    Last edited by alewyn; May 1st, 2022 at 04:10 PM.
    dec '18 ear > dec '21 MBL > dec '22 waist > dec '24 classic

Length
    ~Chin/~TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I doubt that you would experience any line of demarcation, alewyn! Henna is so forgiving in that regard, at least in my experience. I slowly transitioned to my natural color by just using less and less henna relative to cassia in the mix. I used henna guys medium brown for my first henna experience. Then, the indigo faded and I used nightblooming from there on out. I liked the nightblooming mixes a lot better! They have aloe and other nourishing ingredients.

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AshtangiPNW View Post
    I doubt that you would experience any line of demarcation, alewyn! Henna is so forgiving in that regard, at least in my experience. I slowly transitioned to my natural color by just using less and less henna relative to cassia in the mix. I used henna guys medium brown for my first henna experience. Then, the indigo faded and I used nightblooming from there on out. I liked the nightblooming mixes a lot better! They have aloe and other nourishing ingredients.
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm betting you're right. My thinking is that it might end up a teeny tad lighter since there would be more herbs in the mix (so less henna overall), but henna is so dang powerful that I doubt it'll make that big of a difference.

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alewyn View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm betting you're right. My thinking is that it might end up a teeny tad lighter since there would be more herbs in the mix (so less henna overall), but henna is so dang powerful that I doubt it'll make that big of a difference.
    You are 100% spot on with this assessment

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    You are 100% spot on with this assessment
    Awesome! Thank you for responding, Nightshade I'll be trying it out as soon as I run out of my other stuff!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by alewyn View Post
    Awesome! Thank you for responding, Nightshade I'll be trying it out as soon as I run out of my other stuff!
    You could always do one root treatment half and half, which would further blur any potential color difference!

Length
    Ear/MBL/Class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    You could always do one root treatment half and half, which would further blur any potential color difference!
    That's a great idea. I'll have probably have an awkward amount of my current henna leftover after my next touchup anyway!

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Browsing this thread made me wish my black hair would take on literally ANY color for a change. I don't want to treat it with bleach then color it with henna. I shall simply watch this thread and admire everyone else's results from afar