Page 369 of 371 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371 LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 3701

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Hey y'all, this is probably going to be silly to those that had seen some of my previous posts earlier this year where I was lamenting using Red Raj, but I'm wanting to go darker red again... something like this https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-3wx9...488771.jpg?c=2

I think my problem with the red raj was the high lawsone percent. It seems like since it was over 3%, it was as if I left henna on my head for 6 hours instead of 3, if that makes sense. Obviously all types of henna will result the same after many hours, but I think the differences between them is more obvious at the minimum processing times (2-3 hours). So in one treatment I overshot my goal. Ready to try again with a henna with less than half the lawsone content of the raj I used.

Since March, I used Sun-In a few times to lighten some of the darker length, but there's still a contrast between 3-4 inches of 40% henna and the full strength henna (which was layered on top of several 35% mixes + one 80% mix). This is the state of it now: http://imgur.com/a/IlzSvUT The roots are pretty close to my natural color level-wise, and the lengths obviously have more henna on them but not excessively so.

If you guys were in my shoes, would you process the whole head or would you just do the newer growth? I'm kind of stuck on how to get everything to match. I feel like doing all the hair is easiest. One of the reasons I'm going darker again is because the lighter mix wasn't staining the darker parts of my hair as well as the blonder parts, so it was becoming a weird mix of colors (sorry for the blurry photo but it's like this: http://imgur.com/a/TmHP59a). My hair on my crown is naturally a lot lighter than the rest, despite no sun exposure since I've grown it from a buzz, probably because the hairs up there have miniaturized a bit unfortunately.

Anyways, has anyone done something similar? What was the outcome?

Hi everyone, it seems close to impossible to get caught up on this monster thread, but I'm following at least the more recent pages. I will be joining the henna club again soon and I can't wait!

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Stardust lady,
    If it were me, I would do my whole head, because it looks like the lengths aren’t quite to the tint of red that you want. And then going forward I would do roots only once the length was basically the desired tint. Just what I would do, YMMV.

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Thanks for the vote of confidence - that is also the conclusion I came to. I've let myself sleep on it for a couple weeks, and I'm strand testing the heck out of my shed hairs. Hopefully no regrets this time.

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Here's the before & after: https://imgur.com/a/Cnmwduv

Happy with how it stuck to the roots and matched the length. Much different outcome at 3 hours compared to the Red Raj, which had lawsone percent over 3% and this one was 1.7%. Surprised how light and bright it turned out - I'm hoping some of the orange chills out a bit after oxidizing.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Oooh it came out so bright and pretty!

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Oooh it came out so bright and pretty!
    Thank you! Surprisingly bright in some lighting, and satisfyingly darker in others. I love henna for many reasons, and one of them is that I have a different hair color in every kind of light, haha.

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I know you've already colored but for future reference 2-3 hours isn't necessary.
    I used henna for years and only left it on for 1 hour, plenty of time until I grew resistant greys.

Length
    Buzz/CBL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I know you've already colored but for future reference 2-3 hours isn't necessary.
    I used henna for years and only left it on for 1 hour, plenty of time until I grew resistant greys.
    For some reason, my hair is selectively resistant to henna... The thicker and darker hair that's furthest from my face sometimes doesn't take the dye well, or at all, compared to the thinner blond stuff near my face. It's super weird looking when it gets stained unevenly, and so far leaving it on longer seems to impart a longer lasting stain. I'm also starting to prefer darker hair so it works out.

Length
    APL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
    Henna, for what it is worth, also has a very pronounced smell--just not a chemical smell. Sort of like "LEAF" times a thousand. It remains noticeable for me for one further wash after rinsing out the henna.

Personally I actually like the smell, but some people hate it.
    Iím sort of conflicted about this. Box dye I canít even go near so itís always going to be henna or nothing. The earthy scent of the initial application of henna (henndigo, really) has grown on me, but I absolutely hate how the scent lingers for weeks on end and takes ages to wash out for me. And thatís the second problem: it actually washes out fully Ė not just the indigo, which is first to go, but the henna itself follows (visibly coming off while rinsing). So the lingering scent is probably caused by it not adhering to my hair very well. How is it so permanent for everyone else? I canít get it to stick to my hair

Is this common? Is it my hair? Very dry. Is it the brand? Khadi. Wanting to cover my sprouting greys, but I would prefer not to come out of the shower smelling like hay