Page 368 of 368 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368
Results 3,671 to 3,673 of 3673

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Quote Originally Posted by Jane99 View Post
    Hellebore your hair turned out lovely!! You have a gorgeous shade of red.

Fae I often will use coconut oil on my hair when I henna and the dye still sticks. I’ve read on here, for some people coconut oil will make the henna fade more quickly or not come out as vivid but I would not use it as henna repellent. It’s a tricky proposal to henna lengths but not roots. In the reverse, if I’m doing a “roots only” henna, I’ll do cassia on my lengths. Maybe that could work for you?
    Cassia is a good idea! I'll have the whole color spectrum on my head at once hahah. Do you think maybe amla would work like that as well though? Just so I don't have to spend more money lol. Right now I have henna, indigo, amla, and fenugreek in my arsenal as far as conditioning and dying herbs goes. Not dying the roots is definitely tricky... I'm just kinda stuck because I'm sick of the box dyes and also interested in the effects of herbal dyes, though I'm aiming to grow out virgin hair to WL. I supposed I could bite the bullet and do my roots, but I'm not sure if I want to do that over keeping the nasty bleached bits on the ends the way they are. Overall I want to hang on to length at all costs so it's not like the hair is going anywhere, so I have time to decide.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I have never used amla powder but I think the concept would be the same, adding mud to block dye from henna mud. I’m curious to see how it comes out with whatever you decide- henna pictures are my favorite on this whole site

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I have never used amla powder but I think the concept would be the same, adding mud to block dye from henna mud. I’m curious to see how it comes out with whatever you decide- henna pictures are my favorite on this whole site
    I will be sure to post pictures! I feel like there aren't a lot of pictures of henna over chemically processed hair, so I would like to share in case someone else wants to use herbal dyes to mitigate old damage.

I think if I wait a bit and let my hair grow about another inch, I should be able to create sections with clips or ponytails, leaving most of my natural color untouched. I realized I was being a little liberal with the word "roots", I really have about 5 inches of my natural color grown in I will be sure to mud up the top of my head anyway though, just to be safe.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I have never used amla powder but I think the concept would be the same, adding mud to block dye from henna mud. Iím curious to see how it comes out with whatever you decide- henna pictures are my favorite on this whole site
    I will be sure to post pictures! I feel like there aren't a lot of pictures of henna over chemically processed hair, so I would like to share in case someone else wants to use herbal dyes to mitigate old damage.

I think if I wait a bit and let my hair grow about another inch, I should be able to create sections with clips or ponytails, leaving most of my natural color untouched. I realized I was being a little liberal with the word "roots", I really have about 5 inches of my natural color grown in I will be sure to mud up the top of my head anyway though, just to be safe.