Page 326 of 387 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336376 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,260 of 3868

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Length
    12/TBL!!/???
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

Oh Frabjous Day! Callooh, callay! My henna has arrived! Now to begin testing!

Temporary goal: Classic, Final goal: To infinity and beyond!!
    currently at TBL, pressing on and hoping for Classic before I'm 20

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I think this weekend might be henna weekend. I strand-tested some samples, and strand-tested the actual full batch I got...and I'm probably going to do one more strand test with that because the first had a bunch of different mixes...

But I keep testing and thinking and dithering and I think it's just time to bite the bullet and go for it. And spring break is the perfect time to lurk at home while my hair calms down off the traffic cone ledge.

I will either be a lovely redhead, or I will have a lovely short haircut if something goes terribly wrong. These are both good options...

Good luck Katia_k, just remember that it takes time for henna to oxidize and that it changes colour a lot depending on the lighting, also you can try darkening it with multiple applications if you don't like the initial colour so there are ways to try and fix it a bit before considering cutting it all off.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Oh yeah, if it doesn't turn out how I like, I will try a bunch of different stuff. It got, like, drastically darker when I re-henna'd a previous strand test, so not sure if that's an option or not. But I'll look at stuff like glossing over it and other ways of adjusting the color, and may buy a red-enhancing shampoo or something too, just to try.

Chopping it off's a last resort--my hair grows like a turtle and there is much weeping and gnashing of teeth if I can't put it in a ponytail/braid. But I keep telling myself it's an option so I don't sit here paralyzed trying to make a decision. It's not like I'm tattooing my face...I can do stuff with this if I hate it.

I will share pictures either way.

Length
    28/39/44
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Geranium View Post
    Samanthaa

How was the result?
    Whoops! Haven't checked in on this thread in a while.

The results were fine, actually! After dye release, the paste was as smooth and creamy as it normally is, and the stain was strong as ever. We'll see what happens the next time, as I'm planning to dye release with citric acid again.
    MBL | WL | HL | TBL | HL | TBL | CLSSC(?)

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

So, while I sit here waiting for my henna to thaw, and try not to freak out...

What do you folks do about your eyebrows? I know someone talked about hennaing them too, but it sounded like an unpredictable mess. So, dye, henna, pencils? Help a girl out.

I dye my eyebrows because they are way too light and would clash with hennaed hair a lot. I don't use chemical dyes on my hair or eyebrows and I don't use pencils or gel or whatever is out there that would help me define my eyebrows or enhance them in any way so I henna them. The life cycle of eyebrows is way faster than hair though so my eyebrows get about 50% lighter after 2 months, but I just retouch them every time I do my roots. I don't worry about them getting too dark, because like I've said, they fall out and regrow way faster than scalp hair.

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

So it's done...a long long process later. I stress-ate a bunch of cupcake oreos and watched Parks and Rec. But it was actually pretty fun, and some of the pictures (which are not in the album) will make hilarious memories.

So far, based on the opinions of my lovely photographer/henna-applyer, the results are pleasing. We'll see what oxidation does.

Still can't attach, so here's my album. Last two or 3 pics are the relevant ones.

...I'm a redhead!

https://goo.gl/photos/78ZFGCmwE9ppMegVA

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I don't henna my eyebrows, but that's because I have naturally dark eyebrows.
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    6/HL+/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii/iii

Katia_k the results are amazing! It looks so beautiful and the coppery glow is amazing.

I love the feel of fresh henna in my hair, and the scent is amazing as well <3
    Lady Bainwen, Scribe of Glorious Horizons in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Ear-Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL->Waist-HL-BCL-TBL-Classic