Page 269 of 387 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3868

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Default Re: Henna Thread, take two

OMG Rohirrrims..... Your color is to die for reallllllllly, absolutely stunning

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Aww, thank you! Unfortunately it's henna over bleached hair (and very very faded ginger dye) and when my light brown roots grow in, well I think my natural hair is light brown but honestly no idea now, it's going to be a lot darker D:
    I'm doing another henna/cassia right now to deepen the colour in anticipation of blending my dark roots in. I have always been so jealous of natural redheads, and now I'm also jealous of blondes who can get this shade with henna on natural hair!

Hi girls! I'm new to all this Henna and I need some advice or clarification on what neutral henna is. I heard it was great for conditioning hair and making it shiny, but I'd also like to know if there are any cons to this treatment. I live in the States so if I decide to test, would anyone recommend a site or ebay seller? I have black hair and do not dye at all, by my sister in law wanted to try it as well, but she dyes her hair every couple months. Thank you all!

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Melbo View Post
    Hi girls! I'm new to all this Henna and I need some advice or clarification on what neutral henna is. I heard it was great for conditioning hair and making it shiny, but I'd also like to know if there are any cons to this treatment. I live in the States so if I decide to test, would anyone recommend a site or ebay seller? I have black hair and do not dye at all, by my sister in law wanted to try it as well, but she dyes her hair every couple months. Thank you all!
    Take a look here. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...read.php?t=406
    If you want to buy cassia t can be bought at mehandi.com

Length
    17/24.5/27
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rohirrrims View Post
    Unfortunately it's henna over bleached hair (and very very faded ginger dye) and when my light brown roots grow in, well I think my natural hair is light brown but honestly no idea now, it's going to be a lot darker D:
    I'm in the same boat. You might want to check out Nightshade's thread on lightening henna with Sun-In. She did it on her ends, but I've been doing it on my roots. So far it's helped to minimize the demarcation line. I do an overnight coconut oil treatment that I leave in to Sun-In, and so far I haven't noticed any damage.

Length
    3-6/15/25
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Hey ladies!
    A question: I've been eyeing up henna for a while now- my brown hair goes a gorgeous fiery red/mahogany under direct sunlight, and I'd love to be able to bring it out more! I don't want my hair to necessarily be that colour, but I would love to have it show when I'm in any lighting. Would henna be the right thing to use to achieve this?

Hey guys!
    I tested some henna on excess hair from my brush and it seems to have evenly dyed all of the hair. My concern is that the hair I tested the henna on was basically just a clump of hair from my brush. lol My roots are darker than my previously chemically dyed hair and I'm wondering if there's any way to know if the henna will unevenly dye my hair. There's a pretty obvious demarcation right now between the roots and the dyed hair. Any thoughts?

Recent photo of my roots:

Henna works like water colors. It will be dark on the dark areas of your hair and lighter or orangeyer on the highlighted hair. If you are looking for an even color then you should color all of your hair very close to your natural color, wait a few weeks then use henna. It is supposed to be even then

Length
    10/14/26
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Something is not right.

I made 3 batches to test the color outcome.
    #1 mixed pure henna with chamomile room temperature.
    #2 mixed pure henna with water room temperature.
    #3 mixed pure henna with pure lemon juice and water room temperature.

after 12 hours:
    1st batch gave strong color release
    2nd batch gave almost the same degree, but 1st batch is still stronger in dye.
    3rd batch, no release at all, even after 24 hours!

What's up????

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JodiAaby View Post
    Hey guys!
    I tested some henna on excess hair from my brush and it seems to have evenly dyed all of the hair. My concern is that the hair I tested the henna on was basically just a clump of hair from my brush. lol My roots are darker than my previously chemically dyed hair and I'm wondering if there's any way to know if the henna will unevenly dye my hair. There's a pretty obvious demarcation right now between the roots and the dyed hair. Any thoughts?
    I agree with the suggestion to use a deposit-only dye to make your lighter strands match your roots. Happy henna-ing!

Quote Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
    Something is not right.

I made 3 batches to test the color outcome.
    #1 mixed pure henna with chamomile room temperature.
    #2 mixed pure henna with water room temperature.
    #3 mixed pure henna with pure lemon juice and water room temperature.

after 12 hours:
    1st batch gave strong color release
    2nd batch gave almost the same degree, but 1st batch is still stronger in dye.
    3rd batch, no release at all, even after 24 hours!

What's up????
    Acid inhibits the dye release.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro