Page 2 of 387 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Henna Thread, take two

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by zift View Post
    Really weird that henna dyes over gloves. Maybe they get dye n the rinsing process?
    What type of gloves do you wear? I use the surgical tight ones and never have any color on my hand.

I used latex the first two times and the thumbs were orange (only the thumbs) so I got some cleaning gloves from the supermarket in the hopes that they'd be denser.

And I rinse the majority of the henna out with the gloves on, and then use my hands. If it was the rinsing process, wouldn't it stain my hands and the REST of my nails? XD
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    17?/close/WAIST
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/i

the stain is odd.. sounds more like you may have put holes in the thumbs of the gloves while applying the henna.. I did this to one pinky once.. didn't notice until too late... thankfully my nails grow fast and I used colored polish until it grew out instead of my normal natural nails...
    http://gliders.phoenix.org - our sugar glider info page

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Oh, yes, I have been ordering BAQ henna from HennaBoy for a couple of years now.

Is this a good time to propose a split of the henna thread into 3 - just henna, henna & indigo, and henna & cassia? I think that would make info easier to find, and give - I know nothing about indigo, for example.

We already have (had, or will have again ) the henna removal thread... And the cassia-only thread. Indigo cannot be used on its own (please correct me if I'm wrong), so there's no need for a dedicated thread...

Length
    short/33"/clssc
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I've never henna'd, but I want to. I've ordered a sample from Henna for Hair to test it. My hair is naturally red, so I don't want to drastically change it, just make it more red and less brassy. Anyone else tried it? would a gloss work for that?
    Last edited by Requiax; March 8th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlily View Post
    I need to do my roots soon.
    <KK looks at her own roots...>
    Ummm...yeah...might need to do roots this weekend...

Like Elfling, I switched to nitrate gloves and haven't had an orange thumb since.

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Jel, I think that's a really good idea--the separation of the threads by topic. Henna only, hennindigo, cassia, but I wonder if cassia plus henna should be talked about in a separate thread or in the cassia thread, or here, because sometimes the question feels more like a cassia issue and the other times more like a henna issue.

Anyhow, I shall leave it others to start the appropriate threads, but I'm just saying I agree about the separation.

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Requiax View Post
    I've never henna'd, but I want to. I've ordered a sample from Henna for Hair to test it. My hair is naturally red, so I don't want to drastically change it, just make it more red and less brassy. Anyone else tried it? would a gloss work for that?
    I remember a natural redhead member who uses glosses successfully so flame up her red. Who was she who was she??
    I think it will work Requinax why not

Another henna brand is Rainbow, available at Whole Foods and most health food stores I've ever been to.

Length
    Shldr/BSL/TB/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I was wondering if anybody here could tell me how to use yogurt to do henna. I had been thinking about trying my henna that way, but then LHC went bye bye. I was so excited when I checked back today!!
    1st goal: BSL May 2009 ​re-reached late 2012 2nd goal: Waist Final Goal: TB or Classic

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'll get the henna article rehosted on here asap, but until then you can see it here. Thanks snowbear!