Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long would you wait?

Length
    36/42/42+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: How long would you wait?

I'd advise keep growing it before you opt for a v. Hair usually naturally grows in a V shape eventually as you get quite a bit of taper towards the ends, or so I've always found. So keep growing and your hair might do the job for you. To go from a blunt cut to a V cut will result in quite a bit of loss in thickness which you might regret. If you really want it, do it gradually in stages over the year from a shallow U, to more of a V so you can see how you like the change in hemline gradually.
    On the long journey past Classic length onto Knee length and happy hair....
    Heat free | La Riche Directions for Colour

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xoxophelia View Post
    I think you should start with a U hemline and then slowly transition into the V to just make sure it doesn't cut more of an incline than you want. Better to cut less than too much. I have a V but am dying to grow it out! haha guess the grass is greener...
    yeah, I think it would be wise to start with a U hemline and then transition to V. I suppose I had sort of a V when I started here and I think it looked awful on me. I'm a fan of blunt hemlines or gentle U shaped.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GoddesJourney View Post
    I think we are not measuring the same way if 21 inches equals waist length.
    Different heights are often a factor.

I'm going to be contrary. I say go for the deep-v, simply because I think it looks awesome and I remember the last thread you made about it, and the photo you had up looked cool. Just make VERY VERY sure that the person cutting it knows EXACTLY what you want.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

You do realize that with a deep V cut you are going to lose the ability to do a nice braid like the one in your avatar? Start out slow with a slight U shape and go from there over time. A shallow U won't hinder your braiding and bunning too much but a deep V will. If you wear your hair down all the time of course that's not an issue.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    You do realize that with a deep V cut you are going to lose the ability to do a nice braid like the one in your avatar? Start out slow with a slight U shape and go from there over time. A shallow U won't hinder your braiding and bunning too much but a deep V will. If you wear your hair down all the time of course that's not an issue.
    Eh. I disagree. Even with layers, I could still do a nice braid--and my hem has never been blunt. It looks like it's tapered, but beyond that.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    shldr/~tbln/clsc
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

I would probably do the shallow U and work my way up to a more dramatic one. I'm scared to do that much change all at once! But that's just me :P I'd probably wait until I hit my goal length though so I could get a handle on how my hair works at that length before I alter the hemline drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Eh. I disagree. Even with layers, I could still do a nice braid--and my hem has never been blunt. It looks like it's tapered, but beyond that.
    I did honestly think of that... But you know, as much as I've learned to love braids and updos and buns, I'd still prefer to wear my hair down everyday, with a headband or something.

But who knows what I'll decide.

I think I'll take your guys' advice and do the U hemline first. One question though- how do I explain this to the person cutting my hair? I asked this woman once, when she was cutting my hair, if she COULD do it, and she asked me what a hemline was. I said never mind, just because I didn't want something put in that I'd regret, you know?

Even if I brought a picture, I just have a feeling something is going to get messed up.