Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone used using extensions while growing out hair ????

Default anyone used using extensions while growing out hair ????

Hi all Im new here and from australia. I currently have micro link hair extensions in to take my lenght to waist !!!! my hair is currently bsl. what its done for me is stopped me being tempted to trim my hair also I am more aware of it growing which encourages me.

I am going to buy manemaxx as it is supposed not to hurt the hair in any way . I wondered if anyone has any experience in this area theycould share with me at all. I havent ordered yet but am seriously considering. the micro links are creating a bit of hair fall out ( not good) so want to stop using them. I look forwards to any replies and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this forum.

Length
    13.5/29.5"/33"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: anyone used using extensions while growing out hair ????

I have clip in extensions that I wear for photoshoots. They are made from 22inch human hair from India. The quality is alright, not a complete match to my natural hair though and they aren't very silky feeling. I know that clip in extensions can be bad for your scalp and hair, and glue in ones can cause massive damage and hair loss. If you get some don't expect to find them very comfortable.

Length
    bsl/tail/34
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

ive used clip in hair extensions, as i feel they are safer for my hair
    its better to stay safe then sorry incase any other extensions damage existing hair.

Length
    SL-28/36/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

I had a purple extension in my hair for awhile, it was really well done. It was glued in and when it came out it took a lot of the hair out with it. I'd be pretty leery of any extensions and the breakage it could cause.

thanks Koots for answering. I have micro links in but yes they pull a bit on the hair. I am going to get Manemaxx which are bonds made of wax. they sound wonderful . as with anything you need lots of pacience to put them in and more pacience to comb them well every day but I was a hair dresser so Ill be ok. I am going to place my order soon and find out for myself. The support looks really great from the lady that runs the site. Ive been lurking around them for ages. with my micro links in I found I was not so tempted to keep chooping my hair and It appears to be growing quickly as I am taking DE and biotin. well we will see.

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gorgeous View Post
    thanks Koots for answering. I have micro links in but yes they pull a bit on the hair. I am going to get Manemaxx which are bonds made of wax.
    Some waxes are as strong and damaging as glue. Please be careful.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

In my opinion, the risk of having extensions wreak havoc on your hair isn't one worth taking if you want to grow it out long. Sure, there might be some more and some less damaging types, but I think all permanent extensions must be damaging...

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Try wearing your hair up so you don't notice that it's only BSL if your goal is waist? BTW, IMO, BSL is long!!!
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've used Manemaxx before - the wax does not damage your hair AT ALL. It is very soft and kind of pliable but solid enough that it keeps the extension hair in place until you want to take it out. Just don't use a hot blow dyer on the wax. The only down-side to me, is that it takes me about 4-6 hours to do an install.
    Here is an excellent review of the product (from when it was still called Tiffany Twist): http://www.diyextensions.net/viewtopic.php?t=773

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

thankyou all for your opinions. yep I agree generally that its not so healthy to have hair extensions but at least Im a hair dresser so that hels a lot. Thankyou Demitrue !!! for the link Your hair looks gorgeous. !!!! when did you do the mane maxx and how long was your hair then and how long did you get the extensions and how long did you mange to keep them in please ??? sorry so m any questions lol........ love Gorgeous