Thread: ? About combs

Length
    6?/31.75/???
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Question ? About combs

Well, two questions really.

1) What do you think of bamboo combs as compared to wood?

2) On wooden combs with square cut teeth, are the corners hard on the hair the same way a seam is on a plastic comb?

Thanks!

Length
    bob/WL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: ? About combs

I have both bamboo and cherry wood combs and I must say I prefer the cherry. They are smoother and don't catch as much on my hair. Don't know about the square teeth.
    January 2012

Good thread, I am in the process of trying to decide what new comb to buy. I will be watching to see what others have to say.
    ~Carrie Ingalls
    Most recent trim 5-11-2013, 8" (back to mid calf), pictures updated 10-10-2011. My sis Grace Ingalls trimmed 11.25" (her first ever haircut) to ankle at the end of March 2012.

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

1. I don't like either, for fear of splinters that I may not be able to see but cause damage to my hair. I much prefer a seamless plastic comb.

2. Square cut teeth and seams are two different things. Seams are far worse. A square cut edge can be found in seamless plastic combs as well as wood. Seams or splinters, things that catch the hair and cause friction against the hair strands are more of a problem.