Page 1 of 93 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the "Hair Survey (if you're bored)" Thread

Cool Return of the "Hair Survey (if you're bored)" Thread

Didn't see that this had been brought over from the archives, so I thought I'd restart the survey originally conceived by Fairyprincess way back in 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by fairyprincess
    Hi, I thought it would be fun to make up a hair questionnaire so we can get to know other members a little better. If you have some spare time, please fill out this questionnaire. Have fun!
    LHC name:

Current hair length:

Goal hair length:

When did you start growing your hair?

What is your average monthly growth rate?

Do you trim your hair, if so how often?

What supplements do you take?

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc?

Do you do scalp massages?

What is your favourite shampoo?

What is your favourite conditioner?

Favourite leave-in conditioner?

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment?

What are your favourite basic oils?

What are your favourite essential oils?

What is your favourite product of all time?

What is your least favourite product of all time?

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc)

What do you like most about your hair?

What do you like least about your hair?

Do you colour your hair?

Do you clarify?

How often do you wash your hair?

How long does it take to dry?

Do you prefer you hair up or down?

What is your favourite updo?

Bangs or no bangs?

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to?

Do you keep a hair journal?

How many hairtoys do you own?

What is your favourite hairtoy?

Brush or comb?

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc?

Do you make/sell any hair care products?

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought?

What’s your favourite kind of cheese?

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one:

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you:

Tapioca

LHC name: Tapioca

Current hair length: Waist. I stopped measuring.

Goal hair length: As long as it will get. I may stop at fingertip, since it may get tough to comb after that.

When did you start growing your hair? Age 12. I had the horrible Dorothy Hamill cut before that.

What is your average monthly growth rate? Who knows?

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I S&D, but I also get trims every four months or so.

What supplements do you take? Regular multi-vitamin, and fish oil for my arthritic joints. Nothing specifically for hair.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Lots of water.

Do you do scalp massages? Rarely. If I have a headache.

What is your favourite shampoo? Garnier Fructis. Especially since finding their medicated one for problem scalps.

What is your favourite conditioner? Again with the Fructis. The Moisture Works.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? A version of Kimberlily's de-frizz spray. I add some Infusium or No More Tangles because I'm a cone-head, baby!

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? An overnight heavy oiling with coconut oil is nice, but I'm starting to love Cassia, too. Gotta add a touch of henna to the next batch, though. Too golden.

What are your favourite basic oils? Coconut. I use jojoba on my face.

What are your favourite essential oils? Tea Tree. It goes in my shampoo and in my facial scrub. And I like violet oil for the smell.

What is your favourite product of all time? Right now? Cassia.

What is your least favourite product of all time? Protein. I did an egg treatment and discovered that my hair did not need protein.

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Monistat.

What do you like most about your hair? The wavies. When they behave.

What do you like least about your hair? My scalp issues.

Do you colour your hair? Mildly. I cassia, and I'm going to add a touch of henna to combat the golden tones and maybe get a bit of strawberry.

Do you clarify? Weekly. I use cones, so I have to or it starts to split.

How often do you wash your hair? Daily. Again with the scalp issues.

How long does it take to dry? If I wash it around 5:30, it's completely dry by 10. It *looks* dry by 8.

Do you prefer you hair up or down? Depends on the weather. I live in the desert. Summertime=updos.

What is your favourite updo? The braided bun. See my signature picture.

Bangs or no bangs? No bangs. I have an odd cowlick.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Dianyla

Do you keep a hair journal? Not really.

How many hairtoys do you own? Official ones? (Not counting elastics and bobby pins and that type.) Two sets of VK designs sticks, a Barreis fork that may go on the swap board (it's wonderful, but the tines are too close together for me), another fork that I got at the Ren Faire about 15 years ago, and a Flexi-8. But my birthday's coming, and DH has promised me more!

What is your favourite hairtoy? I'm loving the flexi-8.

Brush or comb? A Goody No Damage brush. It's a brush, but the bristles are so far apart that it might as well be a comb.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? No. If I have bronchitis in the winter and it's bitter cold outside, I might blowdry it. I own one, but I use it for crafting.

Do you make/sell any hair care products? Nope.

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? Good Hair Days pins and some cassia.

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Edam

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: My five-year-old daughter has recently told me that she wants her hair long. So now we do CO washes (what I would do if my scalp were normal) and braids to bed. I'm trying to talk her into a deep treatment, but she doesn't want a bag on her head for an hour.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: Jaime keeps me on my toes on the WIB thread.

Account Closed by Member Request

LHC name: birthmarkie
    Current hair length: Somewhere around 23-24 inches
    Goal hair length: tailbone
    When did you start growing your hair? After my last short bob, in September 2006.
    What is your average monthly growth rate? .5-.6 inches
    Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I did a dusting/microtrim yesterday. Other than than, I hadn’t trimmed for over a year. I also S&D. I plan to microtrim for a while now and maintain at my current length, letting my layers catch up.
    What supplements do you take? Fish oil
    Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Not really
    Do you do scalp massages? occasionally
    What is your favourite shampoo? My hair doesn’t like shampoo very much. Burt’s Bees Green Tea and Fennel Seed smells good to me. Currently using Burt’s Bees Beet and Grapefruit. I also like Burt’s Bees body wash.
    What is your favourite conditioner? V05 calming tea (not vanilla mint tea)
    N/A
    Favourite deep conditioner or treatment?
    EVOO
    What are your favourite basic oils? Jojoba, Olive…I also like shea butter but ran out a long time ago.
    What are your favourite essential oils? Lavender, of the ones I’ve smelled
    What is your favourite product of all time? WATER
    What is your least favourite product of all time? Anything that is going to give me a rash or dandruff; harsh shampoos, since my hair doesn’t care for shampoo to being with
    Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) What are quats? I am not too into food in hair, or monistat, but never say never!
    What do you like most about your hair?
    The color and how it hangs.
    What do you like least about your hair?
    That I ever felt the need to dye or to chop it.
    Do you colour your hair?
    No.
    Do you clarify?
    I try to. Snort. I never really understood what this is. I like clarifying conditioners. I probably need to try a clarifying shampoo, but I can’t think of one off the top of my head.
    How often do you wash your hair?
    Twice a week, usually.
    How long does it take to dry?
    2-3 hours?
    Do you prefer you hair up or down?
    Lately, up.
    What is your favourite updo?
    Any variation on a braided bun, or a woven bun thing – something low and with several geometric coils or reminiscent of a neat symbol. Messy buns and looped things. Looking forward to trying an infinity bun one day.
    Bangs or no bangs?
    Technically, no bangs.
    Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to?
    I have a picture in my head of my hair at a certain length, almost waist-length, many years ago. I aspired to that right now.
    Do you keep a hair journal?
    Randomly.
    How many hairtoys do you own?
    Not nearly enough.
    What is your favourite hairtoy?
    The stick.
    Brush or comb?
    Either, both, or none. Depends on the day.
    Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc?
    Gulp. I blowfried my hair once in the last year, because I was cold. I haven’t desired to do it again.
    Do you make/sell any hair care products?
    I dilute things, that’s about it lately.
    What is the last hair-related thing that you bought?
    Amish pins.
    What’s your favourite kind of cheese?
    One? Mozzarella.
    Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one:
    One time I tried to cut my own hair and I ended up with a mullet of sorts.
    Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you:

Tapioca's siggie has one of my favorite types of updos.

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

LHC name: Loviatar

Current hair length: 22.75 inches

Goal hair length: Waist or maybe tailbone - haven't decided.

When did you start growing your hair? November 2005, from a short pixie.

What is your average monthly growth rate? Half an inch, I think. More in summer and with henna.

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I self trim to the Morrocco Method red letter days - one for thickness and one for length.

What supplements do you take? Oh gosh. Lets see. Daily: 3x skin hair and nails tablets, 1 multivit, 1 vitamin E, 1 evening primrose, 1 Vegetarian omega 3-6-9, 1 starflower oil, 2.5 mg biotin, 2 MSM capsules, 1 green tea extract, and I'm looking into taking kelp, too.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Apart from the supplements, no.

Do you do scalp massages? When I remember, and I use Moonchaser's oil for that.

What is your favourite shampoo? Lush Squeaky Green bar.

What is your favourite conditioner? VO5 Camomile white tea therapy. Conefree.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? Goth Rosary, either Crypt or Nocturnal. Mayhem is a keeper, too.

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? I like SMT using VO5 champagne kiss with Honey. I also like Hask Henna and Placenta.

What are your favourite basic oils? Monoi is the favourite. Then extra virgin olive, coconut, avocado and jojoba.

What are your favourite essential oils? Cardamom, patchouli, jasmine, tuberose, rose (otto or absolute) honey absolute, violet leaf.

What is your favourite product of all time? BAQ Henna.

What is your least favourite product of all time? Garnier fructis wax - sticky!

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) I probably wouldnt use monistat because it strikes me as messy. I try not to use cones and SLS but if I do it's no huge drama.

What do you like most about your hair? It doesnt seem to shed too much, and I don't have a taper, really.

What do you like least about your hair? It won't go as red as I want it to with henna alone, because it's too dark naturally.

Do you colour your hair? Yes, with henna.

Do you clarify? Yes, maybe once a fortnight.

How often do you wash your hair? Every other day, trying to stretch washings at the moment.

How long does it take to dry? I don't actually know. Maybe 2-3 hours.

Do you prefer your hair up or down? I prefer how it looks down, but I prefer to wear it up for practicality.

What is your favourite updo? Favourite that I can do? Cinnamon bun. Favourite that I have seen on someone else? Figure 8.

Bangs or no bangs? No bangs, but long pieces to soften around the face. I'm awkward

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Rose Red's

Do you keep a hair journal? Yes

How many hairtoys do you own? Uhhh... can I take the Fifth? LOL. I have about 12 Ficcares, 15 pairs of sticks, 5 forks, 5 barrettes and various jaw clips. I don't count elastics and scrunchies.

What is your favourite hairtoy? My "I HAZ A CORMS" ear of corn hairstick made by TheHippieChick.

Brush or comb? Comb, so long as it's wide toothed.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? No. I used to blow dry my bangs when they were short though.

Do you make/sell any hair care products? I make my own mister from Goth Rosary condish, oils and water. That's it though

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? Coffee bean hairsticks from Rain.

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Gjetost.

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I dont really have one as such, but the first night my ex and I slept together, I was in full henna mode - mud on my hair, ACV in the mix, plastic wrap and all. Didnt seem to put him off, though.

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: Birthmarkie has such SHINY hair, and her avatar is adorable!
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

LHC name: AJoifulNoise

Current hair length: 33.75" as of April 3, 3008

Goal hair length: Terminal (though, I would like to make it to knee length)

When did you start growing your hair? Jan 2006 (ish)

What is your average monthly growth rate? 1"

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I don't trim

What supplements do you take? Women's One-A-Day when I remember

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? No. I do drink lots of water, though

Do you do scalp massages? No

What is your favourite shampoo? Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness

What is your favourite conditioner? Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness, John Frieda Brilliant Brunette

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? A squirt of all my conditioners, some aloe vera, honey, and jojoba oil

What are your favourite basic oils? jojoba

What are your favourite essential oils?

What is your favourite product of all time? John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner

What is your least favourite product of all time? Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Not that I know of....

What do you like most about your hair? The colors

What do you like least about your hair? All the shorter hairs

Do you colour your hair? No

Do you clarify? Once a week with a sulphate shampoo

How often do you wash your hair? 5 days a week I CO, 1 day I shampoo/condition

How long does it take to dry? 3-4 hours, if I leave it down... forever if I put it up

Do you prefer you hair up or down? Depends on how my hair looks and what I'm doing

What is your favourite updo? Dutch braid

Bangs or no bangs? No bangs

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Amoretti and AmandaPanda

Do you keep a hair journal? Yes

How many hairtoys do you own? Quite a few, but not enough

What is your favourite hairtoy? Honestly... The chopstick that I got at a chinese resaurant, cut down to size, and filed down... It cost me nothing, but it is my favorite.

Brush or comb? Comb, mostly. Horn comb

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Not at all

Do you make/sell any hair care products? I make hair sticks. But, I've yet to sell them. But, I do give them as gifts.

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? That I bought...Organix Mocha Espresso Conditioner

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Colby Jack

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: One time I walked into a sticky fly trap thing... *gags* It was awful

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: She has a picture of a very pretty comb updo in her photo journal.

Length
    20/29/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

LHC name: firebird

Current hair length: 26''

Goal hair length: Waist first - I want to get to waist, trim for a full, blunt hemline, then consider hip length

When did you start growing your hair? Not sure, I keep growing and stopping as I haven't got long enough to do interesting 'dos before

What is your average monthly growth rate? Maybe 0.5'', but I haven't really measured consistently

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? No, but am considering a trim to even out my hemline, though I don't want to lose length right now

What supplements do you take? Biotin, MSM, multivitamin, evening primrose oil

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? Try and eat balanced diet with good protein (I'm veggie so do that anyway for general health)

Do you do scalp massages? Sometimes!

What is your favourite shampoo? Aveda one for blondes

What is your favourite conditioner? Haven't found one I love yet

Favourite leave-in conditioner? None

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? Honey for lightening

What are your favourite basic oils? EVOO

What are your favourite essential oils? Not tried any yet

What is your favourite product of all time? That aveda shampoo

What is your least favourite product of all time? None really

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Try to avoid too many cones, parabens

What do you like most about your hair? Colour, now I have managed to blend in older dyed section with new growth

What do you like least about your hair? Uneven hemline and not enough growth!

Do you colour your hair? Once I tried it red, hated it and had to bleach to blond again...that was dumb

Do you clarify? No

How often do you wash your hair? Every 2-3 days

How long does it take to dry? A couple of hours I guess

Do you prefer you hair up or down? Both

What is your favourite updo? Braided bun

Bangs or no bangs? Growing them out

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Too many to count - sooo many people have beautiful hair!

Do you keep a hair journal? No

How many hairtoys do you own? Lots of sticks, no ficarres or forks, but want to buy a fork soon

What is your favourite hairtoy? Pair of pink/white/red glass bead hairsticks from a Canadian seller who's name I forget and who no longer makes sticks

Brush or comb? Comb

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? No

Do you make/sell any hair care products? Make hair sticks, will start selling soon

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? Order from Quecraft for horn barrettes

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Really sharp cheddar or stilton

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: Don't really have one

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: AJoifulNoise has gorgeous shiny hair and made me feel welcome in the wear your hair up challenge thread!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

LHC name: OhioLisa

Current hair length: Around 36.5"; just past tailbone

Goal hair length: Terminal (hopefully at least mid-thigh)

When did you start growing your hair? Started paying attention in August '06

What is your average monthly growth rate? Around .5", sometimes more

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? No

What supplements do you take? None

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? No

Do you do scalp massages? No

What is your favourite shampoo? Still looking for the perfect one...

What is your favourite conditioner? Anything by Giovanni. Smooth as silk is my fave.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? None

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? Occasionally do an overnight heavy oiling with coconut oil.

What are your favourite basic oils? Coconut

What are your favourite essential oils? Tea tree

What is your favourite product of all time? Giovanni condishes

What is your least favourite product of all time? Anything with cones... evil, I say

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) CONES... BAH!

What do you like most about your hair? It is so soft and silky

What do you like least about your hair? Hmm... the fact that it isn't at mid-thigh yet?

Do you colour your hair? Nope

Do you clarify? Nope

How often do you wash your hair? Every other day

How long does it take to dry? A couple of hours maybe?

Do you prefer you hair up or down? Up usually

What is your favourite updo? Swirly bun or figure 8

Bangs or no bangs? This is a "no bangs" zone

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Cinnamon Hair

Do you keep a hair journal? Uhhh, poorly

How many hairtoys do you own? Too many to count!

What is your favourite hairtoy? Probably one of my monkthemonk forks

Brush or comb? Comb, though rarely

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? NO

Do you make/sell any hair care products? No

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? A fork from the swap board

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Like I can pick only one

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I may have to come back to edit this... I can't think of anything at the moment

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you:[/B] Firebird's hair is a really lovely color! So pretty!

Length
    17/18/33

LHC name: buttons (kind of weird, but its one of my nicknames )

Current hair length: Close to 18"

Goal hair length: 34" right now, but it always changes.

When did you start growing your hair? Whoa, I just realized it was a year ago this month!

What is your average monthly growth rate? It's a little bipolar, can range anywhere from 0.5" to 1.5" (when I'm lucky.)

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? I went a year without trimming, bad idea for someone with years of heat/dye damage. I ended up cutting more than the years growth off anyway because the damage caught up Now I'm going to trim by the morrocco method dates for either length or thickness, but I'm not sure how often.

What supplements do you take? 2 fish oil pills a day + 1 multi-vitamin. But after reading jojo's story I think kelp will be added to that list.

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? I eat a lot of protein, but nothing special.

Do you do scalp massages? Daily.

What is your favourite shampoo? I'm CO but when my hair freaks out and I need to clarify (even though I use no-cone conditioner) I use Fantasia's Tea Tree Naturals shampoo diluted with water and baking soda.

What is your favourite conditioner? I all my Aubrey Organics, Trader Joe's brand, and Nature's Gate conditioners.

Favourite leave-in conditioner? I only use oils as leave-ins.

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? SMT all the way

What are your favourite basic oils? Jojoba, Coconut, and grapeseed so far. I'm getting tea tree oil this weekend, and I think almond will be next.

What are your favourite essential oils? Still experimenting with them.

What is your favourite product of all time? I don't really have a favorite, but honey's awesome.

What is your least favourite product of all time? Coconut milk I really wanted it to work, but it just didn't.

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) Anything too smelly, oh and I don't like cones but sometimes isn't terrible.

What do you like most about your hair? It's soft

What do you like least about your hair? That it's been shedding so bad lately.

Do you colour your hair? I used to

Do you clarify? Yes ma'am.

How often do you wash your hair? 1-2 times a week.

How long does it take to dry? A few hours? I'm not sure, I usually braid it right after washing.

Do you prefer you hair up or down? I like it better down appearance-wise, but I usually wear it up.

What is your favourite updo? Any kind of braided bun. I just have a thing for braids.

Bangs or no bangs? Have them, don't want them.

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? Who's hair at LHC don't I aspire to?

Do you keep a hair journal? Yes.

How many hairtoys do you own? Not enough!

What is your favourite hairtoy? I really want a ficcare

Brush or comb? Comb.

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? Never again!

Do you make/sell any hair care products? One day.

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? 3 bottles of Nature's Gate conditioner online...

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? Brie

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I'm on my way to converting my entire family to LHC ways. So far DD, my mom, and my grandmother have had some sort of LHC experience

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you: I want OhioLisa's shine. And her hair looks really soft, too!

LHC name: Leisa

Current hair length: 26

Goal hair length: terminal

When did you start growing your hair? 2004

What is your average monthly growth rate? .5"

Do you trim your hair, if so how often? no

What supplements do you take? no

Do you eat any special foods for hair growth/nutrition etc? no

Do you do scalp massages? no

What is your favourite shampoo? ao or giovanni

What is your favourite conditioner? no

Favourite leave-in conditioner? no

Favourite deep conditioner or treatment? no

What are your favourite basic oils? coconut or olive

What are your favourite essential oils? peppermint

What is your favourite product of all time? no

What is your least favourite product of all time? conditioner

Is there anything you would never put on your hair? (-cones/quats etc) cones

What do you like most about your hair? length

What do you like least about your hair? no

Do you colour your hair? no

Do you clarify? no

How often do you wash your hair? 1-2 days

How long does it take to dry? 1 hour (arizona)

Do you prefer you hair up or down? down

What is your favourite updo? none

Bangs or no bangs? no bangs

Whose hair at LHC do you aspire to? anyone with terminal

Do you keep a hair journal? yes

How many hairtoys do you own? one

What is your favourite hairtoy? none

Brush or comb? neither

Do you use hot styling aids on your hair irons/blowdryer etc? no

Do you make/sell any hair care products? no

What is the last hair-related thing that you bought? shampoo

What’s your favourite kind of cheese? no

Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: no

Say one nice thing about the person who posted before you:[/quote] Ohio Lisa has longer hair than mine so I'm jealous..lol

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
    Share a funny/inspiring/shocking hair story if you have one: I dont really have one as such, but the first night my ex and I slept together, I was in full henna mode - mud on my hair, ACV in the mix, plastic wrap and all. Didnt seem to put him off, though.
    That made me giggle!