Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: What inspired you to grow long hair?

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: What inspired you to grow long hair?

I loved the way 1980s Diana Ross, Lorde, and others with big long hair looked.

Long-ish hair just kind of happened a couple of times and I noticed the texture, liked it. Other people complimented my hair - it has a lot of qualities that people pay a lot of money to achieve. I liked the idea that I could grow from my head something are willing to pay for. It's like growing wealth from your head. So I grew it.

Also inspired by the natural hair pride movement or whatever. My hair has always been resistant to styling, so letting it be what it wants to be feels like a statement of pride in the things I can't fake about myself.

Length
    15/24/28
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I have always loved long hair on other people, both men and women. To me, everybody looks better with past shoulder-length hair, don't matter if it's straight or wavy. Men with long, wavy hair will always earn an approving second look and a friendly smile from me. Now I'm finally taking my own advice and am letting my hair grow. Hard to name a single inspiration. Hard rock musicians, 1980s style? LOL Think Doro Pesch.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Curiosity I guess, I just want to see what my hair is like if it's allowed to grow without being dyed or layered. I want to see how long it can grow (or how long I can grow it without having constant headaches), and what it will look like on me at that point.

If I had to pick a person or thing that inspired me I would probably point to a silly little dress up game called Love Nikki. The long hair styles featured in that game are really really amazing.

Length
    15/24/28
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I just checked out Love Nikki. Never heard of it before. Nice hair indeed! The perks of being a manga.

By the way, Jane Marie, your hair is really nice in the picture below your post. It looks a bit like mine, just a bit fuller, a little darker and more wavy. So actually not like mine, but rather what I want my hair to look like. LOL Very beautiful.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    0"/CBL/?
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Yaga View Post
    By the way, Jane Marie, your hair is really nice in the picture below your post. It looks a bit like mine, just a bit fuller, a little darker and more wavy. So actually not like mine, but rather what I want my hair to look like. LOL Very beautiful.
    Thank you that's very kind!

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Well I had a bad experience with a hairdresser last October. I had this idea in mind for dying my hair (for the first time since I was 13!) and was collecting pictures for months... and she totally totally botched it. Made it exactly like how I said I didn’t want it. So I found henna (I love it! Though definitely understand it is not for everyone!) and my hubs helped me out with it, and I found self trimming, and would also trust my hubs to trim my hair, and I don’t want to ever go to a salon again. So I’m growing it long! I never thought it would grow past a certain length due to mechanical damage and breakage and bad ends so we’ll see how it goes. My ends are healthier than ever. Classic length is my goal.

Length
    chin/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I thought long hair was very pretty and I wanted to be very pretty so I wanted to grow my hair long. Now, I look at my hair as a hobby and a form of self care. I never liked excessively styling my hair and long hair is not THAT much harder to take care of than shorter hair. Short hair on me can look messy in a bad way while my messy long hair looks sexy. However, I enjoy taking care of my hair (oiling, gentle handling, etc.). If I want nothing to do with my hair, I'm usually stressed so it's a sign to relax. It's also really fun to reach new hair lengths! Aesthetically, shorter hair might suit be better and I do love the look of it in general (which is why I've done the big chop 3 times in my life and didn't regret it!) but there is something so cathartic about babying long hair. Plus, I feel like a princess with long hair. With shorter hair I feel like a badass though which I kinda prefer so I'm enjoying that until my hair gets longer! But I can feel like a badass princess this time
    Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone | APL | BSL | Waist

Now growing for fun!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    Am I am horrible guy type person who saw this, and went with MCHammer/Sir Mixalot....I like big buns, and i cannot lie.... oh kick me outta here...!!!

(ten characters)
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    0"/39.75/40"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I was inspired in junior high by a girl with hair long enough to sit on. My dad thought I was crazy. I wanted hair that long and finally got it many years later.

I have many reasons!

1. It looks beautiful on other people (all of you guys!) - I wonder if it will look beautiful on me
    2. I never had longer than apl before I started growing, so I was curious to see if it would grow any longer. It did!
    3. I remember a girl from my high school with knee length natural platina blond hair. She looked like a creature from fairytales, in a good way!
    4. Pictures of long wavy hair on Tumblr when I was a teenager
    5. Gravity. My hair is so poofy when short
    6. Hair care = self care. It's an excuse to take better care of myself. Eat healthy, move, relax with spa moments of masks and massages.
    7. I can do more elaborate styles with long hair
    8. Bed head looks cute, not as crazy as before
    ✿✿✿ Last trim: 14/12/2023 ✿✿✿