Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Multi quote practice needed anyone? :p

Length
    tbl/mbl/dunno
    Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Multi quote practice needed anyone? :p

Quote Originally Posted by CampFireTiger View Post
    I'm guessing this is how but I suppose I'll find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by CampFireTiger View Post
    Nevermind then.
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyFun View Post
    I think this worked
    test test
    https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32426&d=1529747049
    In a constant battle with my hair Dealing with hair loss
    Neck --- SL --- CBL --- APL ---BSL --- ???

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Finoriel View Post
    Okay, since I heard that some of us need practice with how to multi quote thatīs what the test board is for. Please test away

It works like this:
    Click the "+ button on the bottom right of the post, to the right of "Reply With Quote" if you plan to quote more people than just one person. The plus sign will turn into a check mark letting you know it was clicked.

Next you hit the "+ button under the post of the next person you would like to quote. The plus sign there will also turn into a check mark.

Repeat if you want to quote more people.
    At the last person you want to quote click "Reply With Quote", this opens the reply box with all the quotes it it.
    (Do not click "+ or "Reply" at the last person to quote, that does not seem to work.)

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

Click the "+ button for this thread.
    Click the "+ button for this thread, too.
    But click the Reply With Quote button for this thread.

If you don't know when the last post you will want to quote is, you can substitute using the "+Reply to Thread" button at the bottom of the page for "Reply With Quote". It should still have all your quoted posts saved and ready to use.

ETA: Or see here for another method.
    Thanks so much for this even if it was old, I've been struggling!

Okay, since I heard that some of us need practice with how to multi quote thatīs what the test board is for. Please test away

It works like this:
    Click the "+ button on the bottom right of the post, to the right of "Reply With Quote" if you plan to quote more people than just one person. The plus sign will turn into a check mark letting you know it was clicked.

Next you hit the "+ button under the post of the next person you would like to quote. The plus sign there will also turn into a check mark.

At the last person you want to quote click "Reply With Quote", this opens the reply box with all the quotes it it.
    (Do not click "+ or "Reply" at the last person to quote, that does not seem to work.)

Too complicated? Okay.

I try to write middle of this quote and see if it works.

Step by step guide:

If you don't know when the last post you will want to quote is, you can substitute using the "+Reply to Thread" button at the bottom of the page for "Reply With Quote". It should still have all your quoted posts saved and ready to use.

Thanks for this tutorial, I hope I got it!

It works like this:

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

Is this the part where I can write my stuff? Testing.

Length
    27/27.5/32
    Type
    2b/F/iii

It works like this:

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    This thread reminds me of a German childrenīs game Ich packe meinen Koffer.
    Success! My third post is from page 2, looks like the Reply with Quote+ button has been replaced by forum cookies simply remembering the quotes you selected when you go to the next page ? I'll test trying to multiquote from a different thread to see if that still works too...

ETA this quote is from the "Everyone who Wants to Test, Test Here!" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by FaerieToast View Post
    Testing size of new signature
    Can't seem to do it with either of the techniques in this thread--selecting the "+ symbol and then using Reply With Quote, or "+ and then using the big reply button--but I can quote it from a different thread manually by copy-pasting a quote response in the other thread. It also seems to remember that I have pressed the "+ button in a different thread when I go back to it, so I'm guessing it's design choice so you don't accidentally quote from 7 different threads or something |D
    Last edited by FaerieToast; September 25th, 2019 at 08:20 AM.
    NW/SO since 7OCT2019 || Hennaing since March 2015 || Recently blunted my hemline, regrowing lost 5"

Length
    pixie/ChL??/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

It works like this:

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

This is my very first post (slightly embarrassed!) I've just been lingering around on threads, nervously observing and yearning to respond I'm really eager to start posting and replying so this is super helpful practice, thank you!

Length
    HL/BCL/IDK
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgaris View Post
    Thanks for this tutorial, I hope I got it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgaris View Post
    Is this the part where I can write my stuff? Testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaerieToast View Post
    Success! My third post is from page 2, looks like the Reply with Quote+ button has been replaced by forum cookies simply remembering the quotes you selected when you go to the next page ? I'll test trying to multiquote from a different thread to see if that still works too...

ETA this quote is from the "Everyone who Wants to Test, Test Here!" thread

Can't seem to do it with either of the techniques in this thread--selecting the "+ symbol and then using Reply With Quote, or "+ and then using the big reply button--but I can quote it from a different thread manually by copy-pasting a quote response in the other thread. It also seems to remember that I have pressed the "+ button in a different thread when I go back to it, so I'm guessing it's design choice so you don't accidentally quote from 7 different threads or something |D
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelite View Post
    This is my very first post (slightly embarrassed!) I've just been lingering around on threads, nervously observing and yearning to respond I'm really eager to start posting and replying so this is super helpful practice, thank you!
    Oh, finally I learned this, uhu.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by finoriel View Post
    okay, since i heard that some of us need practice with how to multi quote Thatīs what the test board is for. Please test away :d

it works like this:
    Click the "+ button on the bottom right of the post, to the right of "reply with quote" if you plan to quote more people than just one person. The plus sign will turn into a check mark letting you know it was clicked.

At the last person you want to quote click "reply with quote", this opens the reply box with all the quotes it it.
    (do not click "+ or "reply" at the last person to quote, that does not seem to work.)

too complicated? Okay.

step by step guide:

click the "+ button for this thread.
    click the "+ button for this thread, too.
    but click the reply with quote button for this thread.

If you don't know when the last post you will want to quote is, you can substitute using the "+reply to thread" button at the bottom of the page for "reply with quote". It should still have all your quoted posts saved and ready to use.

Eta: or see here for another method.
    yoooooo i've been copypasting for years what the heck

Length
    buzz/31/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Angelite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Oh, finally I learned this, uhu.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrayedFire View Post
    yoooooo i've been copypasting for years what the heck
    Thank you very much for this tutorial - I'm new to posting (though I've been lurking for ages!), so this is super helpful

Length
    22/27/40
    Type
    2c/F/ii

It works like this:

Too complicated? Okay.

Step by step guide:

Thank you so much!