Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Thick haired folk, unite!

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Thick haired folk, unite!

Oh, one other thing I've learned. While rag curls do not stay in my hair - that means I should NOT curl my hair - not that I should touch up the curls with heat and spray them in place.

Gak. I never do that. The ONE time I did, yeah, my ends are crispy critters.

Length
    1-2in/18.5/33in
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

I have thick curly hair(but fine strands), its just a little bit past SL.
    Im starting to get into hair toys, i just received some flexi-8s and im finding that i will soon need the XL Im thinking that i will not be able to use these clips once i get to WL(my first goal).

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Oh, one other thing I've learned. While rag curls do not stay in my hair - that means I should NOT curl my hair - not that I should touch up the curls with heat and spray them in place.

Gak. I never do that. The ONE time I did, yeah, my ends are crispy critters.
    Have you tried using flax seed gel? I have heard of people making gel from regular old flax seeds (similar to making tea) and using that for a gel/hairspray substitute. I've been meaning to try it myself.

I'm almost at waist and can't do any updos without extensive use of elastics, which is damaging. It's ok though, I don't care much for updos. (Maybe I would if I could actually DO them, though!) I have a 5.5" pony. I hope to be able to do a figure 8 bun by my goal of hip or tailbone, but i'm getting pessimistic!!

Length
    2/34.5/50
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Thank goodness for this thread, I thought I was going crazy!

My hair is almost waist length and my pony is right at 5 inches. I thought there was something wrong with me, because I tried and tried to do different hair styles and nothing worked because my hair was so thick. I won't even go into the hair toys I have broken!

Right now my favorite hairstyle is a kind of half version of a celtic knot. I'll see if I can get a video up. My dad calls it my pacman bun, and I can see the resemblance when I use a hair stick.

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

many braids at my length look long and pretty. my thick hair makes it look fat and short

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Yesterday I washed my hair and I decided after it dried to measure my pony circumference again. The last time I did was when I was still straightening my hair. This time I measured at 6.5" in pony circumference. My goodness that is some thick hair I have. I hope up styles at longer lengths will cooperate somewhat.
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curlylocks85 View Post
    Yesterday I washed my hair and I decided after it dried to measure my pony circumference again. The last time I did was when I was still straightening my hair. This time I measured at 6.5" in pony circumference. My goodness that is some thick hair I have. I hope up styles at longer lengths will cooperate somewhat.
    Wooooow! That is one serious head of hair you have then! Do hairdressers always get ticked off while trimming your hair? I haven't been to one in a long time but the ladies always used to roll their eyes when I'd come in... there goes 1 1/2 hours just trimming one head of hair...

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by curlylocks85 View Post
    Whoa!! 6.5??? WOW!!
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Oskimosa View Post
    Wooooow! That is one serious head of hair you have then! Do hairdressers always get ticked off while trimming your hair? I haven't been to one in a long time but the ladies always used to roll their eyes when I'd come in... there goes 1 1/2 hours just trimming one head of hair...
    I definitely would not let anyone who rolled his or her eyes at me when I walked into a salon touch my hair. In fact, I would walk right out.

I have been with the same women for 14 years. She is great and never makes me feel uncomfortable. It does not take that long to cut my hair. I go in, let them wash my hair then she combs out my hair with a wide-tooth comb, trims a 1/2” or less of the ends, and I am done. I just let my hair air-dry.
    3a-3b/C/iii

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Pixna View Post
    Whoa!! 6.5??? WOW!!
    I said the same thing! I thought I was wrong so I did it three more times and the number was the same.
    3a-3b/C/iii