Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Styles that can be held with Ficcare (Maximas, Innovations, Superclips, any ficcare!)

Length
    pixie/TBL/45 in
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Styles that can be held with Ficcare (Maximas, Innovations, Superclips, any ficca

I use the in-out method or the clip over method[like a maximas] depending on the style..

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Styles that can be held with Ficcare (Maximas, Innovations, Superclips, any ficca

I have a couple of questions for all the people who use a ficcare regularly. I got some new ones, but can't seem to get them to hold in a way that doesn't pull just yet

- How do you usually get a ficcare to hold a french braided bun?
    - And a cinnamon, do you usually do a centerheld, where you pin the first round of hair and then twist the rest behind it or do you twist the entire bun and then insert the ficcare over the whole thing?
    - If I do an lwb it looks very flattened where the ficcare is, what makes it look a bit weird from the side. Any advice on how to get a better look?

Length
    Pixie/MBL/WL?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I don’t have much success with cinnabuns with a ficcare unless they’re extremely on top of my head, otherwise it’s 50/50 on whether they pull or not. What works sometimes is if I wrap the bun until there’s a bit of a tail sticking up and then use the ficcare at the top of the bun more over the ends than the full bun…I think that trick was actually in one of those pamphlets they send with the Maximus clips.

Mostly, I use them on nautilus and disk buns in place of a stick, with my hair length that seems easiest for me

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post
    I don’t have much success with cinnabuns with a ficcare unless they’re extremely on top of my head, otherwise it’s 50/50 on whether they pull or not. What works sometimes is if I wrap the bun until there’s a bit of a tail sticking up and then use the ficcare at the top of the bun more over the ends than the full bun…I think that trick was actually in one of those pamphlets they send with the Maximus clips.

Mostly, I use them on nautilus and disk buns in place of a stick, with my hair length that seems easiest for me
    Thank you Haven't tried a disk bun in forever, I'll give it a try.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post

Thanks for this advice. Placing the cinnamon higher (doesnt't even have to be all the way on the top) really helped circumventing the pulling.

Length
    &&/Shoul/Tail
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Bumping this thread while I am semi-patiently waiting for some new Maximas to arrive!

(I stashed away the couple I had left *too* well and cannot find them anywhere... )

At almost-collarbone length and with side layers that slip out whenever I try a peacock twist, my options are pretty limited for now - but I'm hoping to use a Small to secure a tucked-under French braid.

Will post pictures here if it works!
    Back to the LHC after a long break!

My Journal