Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Styles that can be held with Ficcare (Maximas, Innovations, Superclips, any ficcare!)

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    Millenium Large- Cinamon bun, Lazy/untwisted cinamon bun, Lazy 8 bun, double loop knot if I get it just right.
    I have no clue how people get it to work on figure 8's they catapult out of mine.
    The trick with the millenium when you have a large bun like the fig 8 is not to insert it from outside the bun. Instead, wiggle your way into the hole in the top loop of the 8 and drive the clip in from there. Added bonus is the millenium's feather shaped hinge end will be holding back the top part of your fig 8 and not high enough on your head to give the indian pow-wow look.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Hair View Post
    The trick with the millenium when you have a large bun like the fig 8 is not to insert it from outside the bun. Instead, wiggle your way into the hole in the top loop of the 8 and drive the clip in from there. Added bonus is the millenium's feather shaped hinge end will be holding back the top part of your fig 8 and not high enough on your head to give the indian pow-wow look.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll try that. I tend to avoid anchoring that through the hole in the top loop as that gets awfully balanced results with stick and forks for me.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Chocolate domino anyone.. darl_in1's Avatar
    Length
    44"/SL/SL

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    Oh, yes, I know, I was more hoping to make a "master list" for reference on styles that were possible with the various ficcares.

I plan on editing the original post later and making a list of all the styles listed for quick reference, including links to tutorials if tutorials are available.

You folks rock, by the way. Keep them coming!
    Ah... ........so ermm.....you probably didn't need a list of all the styles I *can't* do with a ficcare then huh?
    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning" Catherine Aird
    Blog

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

The only style I can do right now is a french twist. I haven't tried doing anything else. I have the medium maximus ficcare.

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I used to do these styles but now I cannot use any ficcare they just hurt my scalp.
    with large maximas and large ficarrissimo :
    stickless bun
    inside-out bun
    log roll

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Woot! Managed to get the Equilibrium bun with a Ficcare Max last night

Length
    pixie/BSL+/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I tried it with a figure 8, but when I clip across the center the top loop flops all over. For those that use them on Figure 8s, how are you getting that not to happen short of pins?
    I use sticks for my figure 8s, but I make mine upside-down (and at an angle, but that's beside the point) -- start very high, then flip the top loop down.
    <--- It'll get there again
    You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it? -- Richard Bach, Ilusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dragon View Post
    I use sticks for my figure 8s, but I make mine upside-down (and at an angle, but that's beside the point) -- start very high, then flip the top loop down.
    ooOOooo great idea. I'll have to try that.

Length
    :(/:(/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I don't do a lot of experimenting with styles these days. I have a large Ficcarissimo, large Max and medium Max. I use the two larges for infinity buns and cinnamon buns. Those are the two styles I wear just about every single day. I use the medium for infinity buns (getting it positioned is tricky because it's so little) and half-up twisty things when my hair's still drying.
    Lady Chalchihuitlicue of the Flowing Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Very, very good idea for a thread.
    Wish I had one to try out styles that would work for it.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)