Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Styles that can be held with Ficcare (Maximas, Innovations, Superclips, any ficcare!)

Length
    27/33/36
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Here is a Millennium holding a french twist

and a Beak holding a Puffy Bun
    Last edited by frizzinator; April 30th, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by darl_in1 View Post
    I notice you have type iii hair. Exactly how thick and long it is will effect what you can do.
    Oh, yes, I know, I was more hoping to make a "master list" for reference on styles that were possible with the various ficcares.

I plan on editing the original post later and making a list of all the styles listed for quick reference, including links to tutorials if tutorials are available.

You folks rock, by the way. Keep them coming!
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by akurah View Post
    Oh, yes, I know, I was more hoping to make a "master list" for reference on styles that were possible with the various ficcares.

I plan on editing the original post later and making a list of all the styles listed for quick reference, including links to tutorials if tutorials are available.

You folks rock, by the way. Keep them coming!
    The work you're putting into this is really appreciated

Has anyone had luck with an Equilibrium bun (link in siggy)with a Ficcare? I can't get it, but that doesn't mean someone else can't.

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    For those that use them on Figure 8s, how are you getting that not to happen short of pins?
    Maybe clip vertically, from the top down - remember Pani Mniszek's avatar? I haven't tried it myself.

The work you're putting into this is really appreciated

Has anyone had luck with an Equilibrium bun (link in siggy)with a Ficcare? I can't get it, but that doesn't mean someone else can't.
    I have done it during my April hairtoy challenge - pic here. Sorry about the bun! But, basically, I clip just one side of the equilibrium bun, same with a cinnabun - otherwise the hair doesn't fit. The Ficcare (Maxima) still holds, even just from one side.

The other updos I use my large Maximas for are a log roll and a flipped up French braid. Oh, and bunny tail and half-up cinnabun.

I tried it with a figure 8, but when I clip across the center the top loop flops all over. For those that use them on Figure 8s, how are you getting that not to happen short of pins?
    I clip it over the top loop. pic of it in my album

..always be, forever long capelli lunghi's Avatar
    Length
    Birth/Knee/???
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

but when I clip across the center the top loop flops all over. For those that use them on Figure 8s, how are you getting that not to happen short of pins?
    I clip slightly above the center. However, I have noticed that the flopping over top coil only happens when I twist it a certain way. One way I twist, it flops off the back of my head, the other way, it flops towards my head. You might have to experiment.

I stick the bottom of my maximas/ficcarismo THROUGH the loop created catching scalp hair (like I would for a stick) then let go of the clip when it is over my bun. Otherwise, it works itself out since it doesn't have ends tucked in anywhere.

My list is pretty simple as far as updos. It would be easier to list what I can't do with it.

Maximas - Large & Ficcarismo - Large: Any bun except BeeButt Buns. Pretty much any twist and/or flip and/or fold and/or roll updo holds as long as it is thin enough for the clip to go OVER. Anything works as long as it is "squishable" and not super compact. Ficcarismo is slightly smaller than Maximas and doesn't open as far.
    • Cinnamon Bun, Braided Bun, Rope Braided Bun
    • Figure 8 - across middle/slightly above middle
    • Infinity - Lady Godiva version. Clip inserted in between and through the loops, then ends twisted around. Ficcarismo looks better imo.
    • Log Roll
    • French Twist - Have to clip over thinner parts.
    • Folded Braid
    • Puffy Bun - Ficcarismo looks/works better because it is stronger.
    • There are so many more, but I can't think.. lol
    What I can't use either clip on without is shooting across the room, it won't even think about fitting, or just doesn't work..
    • Bee Butt Bun
    • Chinese Bun
    • Any bun that basically will hold itself will not work, because they are usually very tight and compact.. Stickless Bun, Lady Christmas's Bun..
    Last edited by capelli lunghi; May 4th, 2008 at 10:52 PM.
    2a/2b/F/M/iii Birth/Knee/???
    L'Arte di Capelli Lunga - Long Hair Art
    Lady Hequet Giver of the Lifewaters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jel View Post
    Maybe clip vertically, from the top down - remember Pani Mniszek's avatar? I haven't tried it myself.

I have done it during my April hairtoy challenge - pic here. Sorry about the bun! But, basically, I clip just one side of the equilibrium bun, same with a cinnabun - otherwise the hair doesn't fit. The Ficcare (Maxima) still holds, even just from one side.

The other updos I use my large Maximas for are a log roll and a flipped up French braid. Oh, and bunny tail and half-up cinnabun.
    I did try it top down, but through the center of the top loop, not over it. Woot to the Equilibrium bun I'll have to take another go of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    I clip it over the top loop. pic of it in my album

Ahh, I see I don't think I could do that with my large. Perhaps if I had a medium.

ETA: capelli lunghi- You and I must have been posting at the same time! Thanks for the tips
    Last edited by Nightshade; April 30th, 2008 at 01:15 PM.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

What a great thread! I don't have anything to contribute that hasn't been mentioned. I have such issues with my Ficcare choking and spitting out most anything I put in it. I can hold a figure 8 with it, now I gotta go through this list and try these updo's and see which one's will work for me.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Ahh, I see I don't think I could do that with my large. Perhaps if I had a medium.
    Aha.. yeah.. mine IS a medium

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I'm very limited right now, because I've got a large ficcare maximas and short, not all that thick hair.
    Cinnabuns work well, if I can get them just right. I wore one today to class.
    I've done an equilbrium bun with success, in the past. I slid the bottom prong in through the hole. Can't always get this to work, either.
    I tried a french twist once, and it looked good, but pulled like the dickens. I took it out ASAP.
    My hair is too short for a metric ton of styles, so that's it for now.