Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Used traditional dyes to go from Very Blonde to Dark Brown. Miss my Blonde, Help?

Default Used traditional dyes to go from Very Blonde to Dark Brown. Miss my Blonde, Help?

Hi Ladies,
    First I'd like to say thank you for such an amazingly helpful website and such friendly, sweet ladies and gents I really appreciate all the help.
    I have a pretty specific problem. For several months I have been tining my lovely, light blonde locks a rich chocolate brown. The colour was very flatteringy, but I miss my blonde now. What is the safest way to go back to my natural? I did try colour fix, and it lightened it to a chocolate milk shade, but not near the colour I'd been hoping for. I haven't dyed it in about 4 months, and the roots are looking pretty fierce. What can I do?

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

What exactly happened with the Colorfix? Did it lighten more at first and then redarken? Or is the color now the lightest it ever got?
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I guess you could try baby shampoo, but I'm concerned it would become muddy, rather than lightening to a natural looking color.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

I used the colourfix twice , about two months ago. This is a bit darker than it was initially. It was firsta pretty medium strawberry blonde, but in a few days redarkened to chocolate milk.

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

If you want to keep your length, the best advice I can give would be to go to a very skilled stylist and have them match the color to or as close as possible to your roots. Something like that is a job best left to professionals when so many variables are involved and you will need chemical dyes to achieve this.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

OK, here's the deal with Colorfix. It works in two ways. One is by temporarily blasting the scales of the hair open, and the other is by actually temporarily shrinking dye molecules so they can fall out from underneath the open scales.

Lighter at first and then redarkening is common with it. It means the dye molecules shrunk, but they didn't manage to leave the hair before eventually bloating back up again.

You could try to Colorfix again, but this time load up and lather up with some harsh-o sulfate shampoo while the Colorfix is still active.

You can strand test this before you try it on your whole head, too.

It probably won't be the most pampered your hair ever felt, but way better than trying to bleach it out.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Thats a good point. I'm a bit concerned though just because of the extreme color disparity between what I gave myself and what I was born with. If I were to take this to a stylist, about how much do you thnk it would run me? Would my hair adjust better if I gave it a few months before damaging it so much? Do you think the honey/cinammon treatments could be effective for me?

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I disagree with that. Dark dye removal is the one situation in which I would personally stay as far away from stylists as possible. Their solution will be comprised of bleach. I would rather Colorfix my hair ten times than bleach it once.

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

ive never tried color fix but when i went from 3 years of black dye to blonde i used color zap found at sally's beauty supply to give me a huge shade jump before the bleaching

Everyone is probbly tired of seeing be rave about it and my fancy little page but i love to spread the word about something that has worked for me and hopefully work for others take a gander if you wish read the guest book to i think there are some sucess stories floating around there
    http://www.colorzap.50megs.com
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Hmm , I will have to look into that color zap, especially with how distrustful I am of stylists in general. May I ask how you got the red tones out?