Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scalp exercise and hair growth

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Scalp exercise and hair growth

In some of my many MANY searches on wonder-growth treatments i found some information on scalp exercise for hair growth and wondered what you lot thought.

here's a link to some info on it.....
    http://www.hairloss-reversible.com/my_approach.htm

I'm thinking maybe there could be something to this, i mean people use brushing and massage to increase blood circulation in the hope of increasing growth. So i'd be interested on what you all think.

Has anybody tried this and found it did......something? Or, would anybody be interested in trying it as an experiment and reporting back their results? I plan on doing it, but i am also doing other stuff to try and improve my thickness and growth.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

under some trees, where the clouds meet the ground
    Length
    pixie/waist/term.

Thanks for the link. I don't know how effective it is, but the ideas behind it(increased circualation, etc) make sense to me. Actually, although I've never stuck to any particular routine, I already do this myself. At least now I know I'm not the only one

I can't report any special results, especialy since I also do other things to attempt to help with growth and thickness. All I know is it seems to help, especially when I do it more often ("feels like" more circulation, and I notice that scalp exercises and massage both seem to be beneficial to my hair overall - it's a similar feeling on my scalp after either).

I don't see any way it could hurt, and it's free, so why not?
    As far as his claim of helping with wrinkles by toning certain facial muscles, that seems logical to me. I'm only 23 though, so I don't guess I can really comment on that part.

Sometimes lurking, always growing my hair

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

I dont know about the brushing but I can add my personal experience with scalp massage. I did an experiment, almost unbeknownst to myself. I did a daily scalp massage, using my finger pads and a mixture of grapeseed/rosemary/lavendar oils, religously for about 3 months. Then, for reasons personal, I stopped. Got too busy with other things. These last fews months of no scalp massage had let me really see the difference. My hair at temples was thicker, overall my hair was thicker and, IMO stronger. Since stopping the massaging my hair has thinned (well back its normal thin self I should say) and I think (think now) that it is grown slower the last 3-4 months of no massage. That I cant swear to, I could be in a no growing phase. But that fact that my hair is thinner without scalp massage w/oils is TRUE and PROVEN, at least for me
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I was brushjng my scalp with a BBB and massaging with oil every night, but when LHC went down I got neglectful of my routine, and guess what? My shedding doubled! I am now back to my routine.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/M/ii

I'm certainly interested in scalp excerises.

Can anyone recommend good oils for it? I mostly use almond, jojoba or coconut oil.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Minx View Post
    I'm certainly interested in scalp excerises.

Can anyone recommend good oils for it? I mostly use almond, jojoba or coconut oil.
    You could oil your scalp but don't need to as you are exercising the muscles underneath it as opposed to massaging it etc. The oils you mentioned are all good scalp oils though i've found. You could maybe add things like Rosemary EO if you wanted to add a boost.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I'm very interested I already do facial exercises and I think they make a difference for the better

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I try to massage my scalp at least a few minutes each day, and before I wash my hair I will massage with oils. Can't give you any quantifiable evidence that it's doing anything, but it makes sense that helping the blood circulation up there can't hurt.

I also enjoy doing facial resistence exercises and massage, using Deborah Crowley's program at flexeffect.com. I can see results with her routine.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I got interested in Emma Hardies Programme after I saw her on the English series How To Look Ten Years Younger

http://www.emmahardie.com/Default.aspx

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Length
    12/18/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/C/ii/iii

Would a massaging brush, such as this be effective with this program?

http://www.morroccomethod.com/brush.shtml
    Lady Cirrus of the Spanning Heavens in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights!