View Poll Results: How often do you get complimented on your hair color?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

13 15.48%
  • Often

43 51.19%
  • Sometimes

15 17.86%
  • Rarely

5 5.95%
  • Never

8 9.52%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Redheads: real and fake ones

Length
    chin/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Redheads: real and fake ones

I come from a family of redheads, except for my immediate family. My father's mother was a redhead and had a long auburn braid that I remember. All of his siblings were redheads. He had curly black hair and freckles. My mom's aunt had long red hair as well. All of my cousins on my father's side have red hair. I got mousey brown hair and freckles . I started dying my hair red about fifteen years ago and it looks natural on me. As a matter of fact, when I went to a family party, people made comments that it was obvious that I was part of the family. I didn't say anything. I have been letting my natural color grow out. I'm a bit disappointed because although I have beautiful white hair framing my face, the rest is just dull brown with a few silvers.

Yeah, I know this is long.....

I saw myself on local tv last night and I looked horrible!!!!!!!! Until my hair is all white, I think I will need to dye. I'm in the process of finding a salon that uses natural dyes, I think there's one in the next town over from mine. I just don't want to end up as one of those little old ladies with pink hair .

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by losgan View Post
    Cherry Sprinkle! You have my DREAM hair. So maybe I'm just another LHCer ... but I wish I could have luxurious relaxed curls like you have in your signature!
    thank you The ones in my signature are bun curls, you could have them too my natural ones a little tighter and a lot more random.

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I have natural red IN my hair, but if we're being technical here, I'm a fake red-head. I used to hate it- now I love it. I get compliments all the time, and I don't know very many people with red hair. Actually, I don't think I know any.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tovah View Post
    I come from a family of redheads, except for my immediate family. My father's mother was a redhead and had a long auburn braid that I remember. All of his siblings were redheads. He had curly black hair and freckles. My mom's aunt had long red hair as well. All of my cousins on my father's side have red hair. I got mousey brown hair and freckles . I started dying my hair red about fifteen years ago and it looks natural on me. As a matter of fact, when I went to a family party, people made comments that it was obvious that I was part of the family. I didn't say anything. I have been letting my natural color grow out. I'm a bit disappointed because although I have beautiful white hair framing my face, the rest is just dull brown with a few silvers.

Yeah, I know this is long.....

I saw myself on local tv last night and I looked horrible!!!!!!!! Until my hair is all white, I think I will need to dye. I'm in the process of finding a salon that uses natural dyes, I think there's one in the next town over from mine. I just don't want to end up as one of those little old ladies with pink hair .
    If you're looking for a natural dye, what about henna? There's loads of information here, both in the articles and the massive henna thread, as well as on hennaforhair.com. Judging from your description of your starting colour, you'd probably get a vibrant, natural-looking red shade, and the silvers would be a very bright red.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    ~APL/26.5/34 in
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I get complimented once in a while. I use henna/cassia to brighten my naturally reddish hair. People always think it's natural....once in a while someone says "you can't get color like that from a box".

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ChrissieM View Post
    I get complimented once in a while. I use henna/cassia to brighten my naturally reddish hair. People always think it's natural....once in a while someone says "you can't get color like that from a box".
    It is indeed a very nice color! I like the coppery shade.

Banned
    Length
    20 In/27 In/thigh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I was born bright red, that faded into a weird combination of ginger and coppery/strawberry blonde as i aged. i've never truly known the exact color of my hair, since everyone has a different name for it. from strawberry blonde, to copper to bronze to auburn. My mom called it spun gold mixed with copper. but i get alot of compliments on the color, red heads are unusual where i live and quite desired (i've been told. never found any man here, who actually wanted me for my hair color. My Dear Departed Hubby was Irish.) i henna now to brighten the color and keep grays away.

I've heard all kinds of comments on red hair color. from evil, to sexy to actual whorish. but most people say good things about my reddish hair.

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I voted often People really seem to like the light coppery color I get with my cassia/henna blend and are always surprised it isn't natural.
    this, exactly.

my hair is naturally a strawberry-ish honey blonde, so I guess maybe the rest of my colouring makes my henna look more believable. in any case, i get comments often, most often at work.
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i

Length
    chin/bsl/class
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I voted often...but mostly people are just suprised im not a natural redhead. I use chemical colour (far too much of a wimp to henna lol) and after a week it has faded in a very natural colour. Myabe its because real hair colour is blonde and i have the very fair complexion to compliment red. Either way i love it and think red hair is just amazing

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/31"/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Often...but mostly from my fellow long hairs.

Hurray! I've reached waist-land! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.