View Poll Results: How often do you get complimented on your hair color?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time

13 15.48%
  • Often

43 51.19%
  • Sometimes

15 17.86%
  • Rarely

5 5.95%
  • Never

8 9.52%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Redheads: real and fake ones

Length
    thigh/apl/none
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Redheads: real and fake ones

I get complimented on my hair color pretty often - even by just random people in stores.

I used to get complimented on my natural hair color but it was much less.

"Only the shallow know themselves." -Oscar Wilde

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

My natural hair is a brown with a slight copperish shine in the sun. But I've been dying it to a "truer" red for the past year and a half (or so). Ever since then, I've been constantly getting comments on how beautiful my hair looks! I've never gotten so many compliments on anything before. Most people are surprised when I admit it's dyed. It probably looks so natural because I'm pale and freckled. Even I keep being surprised by my roots showing up, it really is the right colour for me. I wish I wasn't a fake.

Length
    ears/BSL/hips
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I get often comliments for my red hair, even by strangers.
    Only old people look funny at me, there's an old belief in my region that redhaired people aren't good people... But I couldn't care less

Somewhere between the 12th century and now
    Length
    Bald/38/FTP
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

I get a few compliments here and there, but not often. I just think you know, Everyone loves Ariel's hair....! lol No - I love my red, and hell with anyone who doesn't, it is, after all, MY hair!
    Lady Frolics in the Sunlight-Dappled Faerie Linn & Del in the OLHK

Length
    SL/40"/??
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

I'm strawberry blonde, so I can't really say I'm blonde or ginger- I'm both! Usually, the red comes out more outside while I'm more blonde indoors.

People ask me if my hair color is real- it is. I am often told that people pay tons of money to have hair colored like mine.

I used to go more red, since the blonde washes me out more (I have a "redhead" complexion.) It's too much of a pain to color this much hair, so I just embrace it now.

I hated my hair when I was in school. I was teased unmercifully by a certain few. Adults were always complimenting the color, and both situations just made me feel uncomfortable, because I'm really not a spotlight kind of a girl.

Then, time started taking it's toll, and I am now a mousy brown, with yucky gray. Seriously, not a pretty gray at all - I am a HUGE fan of pretty gray hair, so no one take offense, please.

My daughter colors my hair for me, red with blonde highlights. (Here's the sneaky part...because red hair color fades, she touches up my roots, does red low lights on the length, and it looks awesome!) I would love to try henna, but have a streak of cowardice! People are always complimenting me on my hair now.
    Lady Santoshi, Keeper of the Inner Sanctuary in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <><

Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I still get the occasional hair color comment, but not as many as I did in the days before my hair started getting darker. Nowadays it is pretty much comments on the length.
    Lady Phoenix of the Fiery Rebirth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/37,8/39.4
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

My hair colour is strawberry blonde, and I get compliments for it often, even on facebook.

I henna to red, and get compliments quite a lot. Sometimes people assume it's natural, other times they ask. I'm not sure the compliments are always totally sincere, though - recently I've had a few people stop me on the street, gush about my hair for a bit and then try to solicit a donation or convert me to an obscure form of Buddhism. I guess they just see my hair, notice it's bright/different/unusual and use it as a talking point; if I had "normal" hair they'd probably comment on my bag or shoes or something instead. Oh well!

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I was only a redhead briefly, because it didn't suit me. I didn't get any compliments on it, presumably because it didn't suit me Now it's back to my natural colour and I still don't get complimented on it. I think the only hair colour compliments I get are here in LHC because the residual henna in my hair turns out a really nice colour with the camera flash
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB