Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $10 for a microtrim?

Default $10 for a microtrim?

I've been wanting to get my hair evened out and get a microtrim, but I don't want to pay $10 to get it done. Do you think they'll charge me less for a microtrim, or no? I'm looking at feyes self trim method right now, but I have little faith in myself.

When my hair is long enough (2-3 inches from now) I want to have a u shaped hemline cut in. I can't wait <3

Long hair not bricklayer. PseudoScot's Avatar
    Length
    ~17/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: $10 for a microtrim?

Some places - like the chains - might charge you less for just a trim, if you can talk them into the bang/fringe trim price. Even though you're looking at a microtrim, $10 isn't too bad as far as hair cut cost goes, plus you'll have the peace of mind it's even and neat.
    Previously hiding in Sherwood.

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

if a trim is $10 then it will be ten dollars. micro trims take just as much time and effort as a regular trim so I don't think they will charge you less because you're losing less hair. But that's just my assumption - we will just let someone else give you a definitive answer.

have more faith in yourself! you should try to do a self trim, nothing truly bad can go wrong if you cut just a little bit at a time! :]

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Most barber shops and chain salons have fixed minimum prices. Think about it, 10 bucks is about as much as the average man pays for his monthly haircut. I wouldn't balk at it.
    (Besides, a hairdresser who actually does a dusting when it's only a dusting you want, nothing more, is worth 10 bucks in tips only. )

I just don't have 2 pennies to rub together lol. That's why I'm all blah about $10. But if they do dust, and it is worth it, i'd pay the $10.

Random question, is some hair just prone to getting splits? I treat my hair pretty dang good but I keep noticing splits and its driving me nuts they aren't old splits, either. I S&D all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Juneii View Post

have more faith in yourself! you should try to do a self trim, nothing truly bad can go wrong if you cut just a little bit at a time! :]
    I know I know. I'm just at the point where I'm petrified to lose any length and go back to that horrid in-between stage. I think when I get 2-3 more inches of growth I'll be more comfortable getting that hemline.
    Last edited by Finoriel; February 20th, 2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: merged doubled posts

Length
    apl/thigh/thigh
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

why don't you continue to s&d until you reach the length where you are comfortable enough to trim yourself? I am doing that right now :]

some hairs are more prone to splits if it is fine. or if it rubs against something. I see you're around bsl which means it can be damaged because of chair backs, shirts, etc. sharp hair scissors seems to lessen the split ends for me.

I knew I had to be careful, but I never really realised HOW careful. Now that I think about it, though, when my hair is dry I usually sit at my comp. Often times I drape a silk night shirt over the back of my chair. But lately I haven't been wearing my silk cap, just braiding my hair. I bet that's where they're coming from.

I'll keep S&D'ing until I reach my waist (should that be measured by reaching my hair curly, or reaching my hair straightened out?)

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Are there any medium-sized or larger-sized expenses that you could "trim" from your budget instead of the small ones? (Pun intended ... sorry, that was bad! I couldn't help it!)

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Do you have a friend who can do a micro trim for you? I think $10 for a trim is a good price. As others have said it takes as much time and effort to 1/4" or 2".

To answer your other question, yes I think some hair types are more prone to splits. Mine is. I look at it and it gets splits. It always has no matter how well I treat it. I just accept that S & D will be a part of my life. I am not one of the lucky ones who doesn't get split ends.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    Waist/BSL/???
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii

Wow! $10 for a trim is a great deal! Where I go it costs $60 at best.