Thread: The Mini-Milestone Thread

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Mini-Milestone Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Congratulations on flapping your ankles length!

Thin goes with the territory I think? I remember seeing people grow further and cut back to get a thicker hemline. Any hemline at all at ankle is amazing!!
    That made me really LOL and thanks. Yeah, thin is to be expected and I originally just wanted to see how far I could get before they were too thin for me - gone way past that now. They could almost be mistaken for a thin paintbrush, but not as neat So I am very much looking forward to seeing if I can reach floor then cutting back several inches, and hopefully having some semblance of a hemline again!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I love these mini milestones. They are all as important as each other regardless of length, and that is the joy of this thread
    Hear hear!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    That made me really LOL and thanks. Yeah, thin is to be expected and I originally just wanted to see how far I could get before they were too thin for me - gone way past that now. They could almost be mistaken for a thin paintbrush, but not as neat So I am very much looking forward to seeing if I can reach floor then cutting back several inches, and hopefully having some semblance of a hemline again
    I’m looking forward to seeing how you get on! It’s lovely seeing everyone’s progress.

In the meantime, my next goal is a mole a bit further down my back than the mole it is currently aligned with This one is just past APL (for the third time, it feels like some kind of comedy sketch) and the next one will be about BSB, halfway between APL and MBL/BSL.

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Felt my hair flopping against my ankle bone in the shower

This made me realise one way I can try to enjoy this bit of growing is to savour every tiniest of tiny changes like this. I'm never going to be here again, most likely, so may as well experience it fully rather than just wanting to be at the goal and being frustrated with my ends. (They are So Thin, and putting my hair up makes them feel Even Thinner because of the way ponytailing and wrapping the hair to bun it works. They feel okay, it's just … argh. So so thin for that last couple of wraps. I could probably literally count the hairs if I were so inclined.)
    Ah this feels like it was pulled straight out of my brain I've got like 50 hairs or something at the longest, I'm sure! I haven't actually counted, because I'm a little bit scared to, tbh.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Corvana View Post
    Ah this feels like it was pulled straight out of my brain I've got like 50 hairs or something at the longest, I'm sure! I haven't actually counted, because I'm a little bit scared to, tbh.
    Well, company is always good!

This is what I'm working with when I bun

https://i.imgur.com/9ajBtCh.jpeg
    There are about three stragglers longer than the bulk there (usually a few more, it's early in the wash cycle so I guess texture pulled a few back) and I cropped the picture just below the longest. Not sure if it's visible at this size though
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Well, company is always good!

This is what I'm working with when I bun

https://i.imgur.com/9ajBtCh.jpeg
    There are about three stragglers longer than the bulk there (usually a few more, it's early in the wash cycle so I guess texture pulled a few back) and I cropped the picture just below the longest. Not sure if it's visible at this size though
    I can see them! I've got a lil more than that now, but really that's only because I trimmed earlier this month and got rid of all of my racers and getting it a little more even. But it does make me feel a little better to see thin ends! Like I'm not alone

I've got a mini milestone! Stress hasn't been my friend the past couple years ( why am I so stressed...), so I've been dealing with higher than average hairfall. Not so bad that I've lost a ton of hair, but I have lost a semi-significant amount. That plus being a bit rougher on my hair has put my thickness back to what it was in my early days of LHC, before the better and more gentle care caught up enough that I saw a difference in thickness. So, not that bad of a loss, and I still have plenty of hair. But!! I've been noticing some bits of long regrowth (like, shoulder length) in a couple sections, and a bit more shorter regrowth as well. So it's still coming in! Not enough to offset the loss, but hopefully it will eventually.

I'm still ill (turns out I had a cold and while I was sick with that I was exposed to covid and caught that too, so they sort of dovetailed into each other leaving me ill for a month straight so far. But I was at least fully vaccinated, just hadn't gotten the booster yet, so it's just felt like a veeeerrryyy long cold where I lost all smell and taste in the middle), and I'm not discounting losing a bit more hair before I'm well again (and maybe even a bit more after that). Coming back to LHC, though, has me going back to my much gentler ways so I can at least negate some of that hair loss

But regrowth! Always a cause of celebration

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

I can do a braided LWB now! Braided cinnabuns never stayed well for me so I’m stoked.
    At my goal length of Classic after 2.5 years here at the LHC.
    (still growing though lol)

Length
    Buzz/2 in/6 in

Enough of my hair is over my ears now that I'm calling it a wannabe over the ear bob. Yeah, I'll go with that. YAY!!!!!!!!

Length
    1"/APL/WL

Been (seriously) trying to get up the guts to wear a braid out and about for about 2 weeks now. Finally did it! Even if it was just to run two errands this evening.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My hair finally looks long to me.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    Been (seriously) trying to get up the guts to wear a braid out and about for about 2 weeks now. Finally did it! Even if it was just to run two errands this evening.
    Yay!!! Congratulations! If it helps, I personally think braids look amazing on men, like a Viking warrior vibe.