Page 730 of 734 FirstFirst ... 230630680720728729730731732 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,300 of 7335

Thread: The Mini-Milestone Thread

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Default Re: The Mini-Milestone Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    My hair has reached 70 inches!

...So I have not done a proper measurement that someone else verified in a long time because, well, it's awkward to ask! I've been estimating as best I can by grabbing my hair together with the measuring tape, bringing it over my shoulder, and inching my hands down until I've pulled my hair taut to the number. I know I have taper, but there were a few racers that I always excluded from the measurement just in case they were overstretched by my approach.

I was getting into 70s territory with my own method, and so I called my mom in to verify. She confirmed 70" and that some of the longest are even reaching 71"! While I had her, I asked her to check once and for all what my measurement for Floor is, and her answer was 71.75". I knew it was between 71" and 72", but it's nice to have a definitive number!

I don't actually feel that close to Floor yet despite the numbers, probably because of flippy ends. But I'm happy I'm getting closer and especially for hitting the last "ten" I'll probably ever get to
    That is a huge milestone! So close now

Length
    CBL/MBL/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I can now wear a three-finger nautilus bun! My hair is slippery so it always needs more wraps around the base. It won't be til about hip length that I can use my whole hand.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./60"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

...So I have not done a proper measurement that someone else verified in a long time because, well, it's awkward to ask! I've been estimating as best I can by grabbing my hair together with the measuring tape, bringing it over my shoulder, and inching my hands down until I've pulled my hair taut to the number. I know I have taper, but there were a few racers that I always excluded from the measurement just in case they were overstretched by my approach.

I was getting into 70s territory with my own method, and so I called my mom in to verify. She confirmed 70" and that some of the longest are even reaching 71"! While I had her, I asked her to check once and for all what my measurement for Floor is, and her answer was 71.75". I knew it was between 71" and 72", but it's nice to have a definitive number!

I don't actually feel that close to Floor yet despite the numbers, probably because of flippy ends. But I'm happy I'm getting closer and especially for hitting the last "ten" I'll probably ever get to
    Congrats! If you measure late in the day or evening you might find you're a bit closer. Your height compresses, your ends sag, and your hair is, afterall, is a tiny bit longer
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > ???

Length
    13/37/40
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I think I could call BCL if I wanted to, but I think I may skip over that milestone and wait a few months for TBL.

Length
    ChL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I can tie my hair in a small ponytail.

Length
    34"/44"/48"
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh wow! I hope you celebrated this magnificent milestone with a proper Hair Celebration Day. (Is that a thing? It should be.)
    Imagine whirled peas
    Opted out of the friends program, nothing personal

Length
    BSL/ankle/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That is a huge milestone! So close now
    Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    Congrats! If you measure late in the day or evening you might find you're a bit closer. Your height compresses, your ends sag, and your hair is, afterall, is a tiny bit longer
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
    Oh wow! I hope you celebrated this magnificent milestone with a proper Hair Celebration Day. (Is that a thing? It should be.)
    Thank you all!

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I finally stopped this idea society (read: my mum) I bedded in me that I have to cut my hair or else I will be nasty and my hair will be nasty. I think it's thanks to @lapuschka when she commented in my opened topic when I was thinking about going to the hairdresser more often in my battle against broken ends.
    Now I'm really growing fast, I think. I will make a new hair progress photo soon.
    Downside: I seem to be addicted to buying hairtoys now I know I'm able to grow my hair. Which is a problem because I don't actually have the money! I'm between jobs. But I convince myself I need them, now I have become a real long hair (nothing on LHC members of course).

BSL - WL - Classic

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

My hair now sticks up in odd angles and someone I hadn't seen in about 2-3 weeks said my hair has grown alot, I'll consider that a mini milestone.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Somebody pulled my hair again, also unintentionally. I felt hairs coming out of my scalp, ouch.
    So I decided to S&D to pamper my hair, but I couldn't find many. There used to be thousands broken ends. Now I found 100 or so. I think it'd because of my combination of nature care detangle spray and after this Shea moisture leave in (Jamaican castor oil). Oh and I do hair mask regularly now!
    But I wish I would stop obsessing over my hair, it's giving me hair anxiety.

BSL - WL - Classic