Thread: 8 Year Anniversary Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Talking 8 Year Anniversary Thread

Hey everyone, you read the title right, this is my 8th year on the hair boards! Just wanted to say thanks for all the haircare advice and friendship, and share some progress photos. Here is my growth story.

When I started I knew nothing. Literally. I wore my hair down all the time because I didn't know any updos except a ponytail, didn't cut at all for several years, shampooed daily, etc. etc.
    Then I posted on the boards and was very nicely told "yer doin' it all wrong!"

Feb. 5, 2002 at 41"

So I cut to 34" and started growing out those mistreated ends.

In Nov. 2003 I reached classic length, which was my original goal.

But then my hair kept growing and before long I was on my way to knee length, which I reached around Jan. 2008. It must have sneaked up on me because I didn't take a pic of it until March that year.

Knee length was never really a goal for me, but that's where I am now. My main priority has been improving horizontal volume at my ends. Which is what I have been doing for the last two years.
    Jan. 2010

I have more photos here if you are interested.

I have always loved long hair, but never thought I would or could grow this long. I could not be more than I am with my hair today. There were many times I thought it would never thicken up at hip or tailbone length, so I'm really amazed with where it is now.

Of course it took 8 years to get here and when you consider that I started at 41" and am now only fifteen inches longer (at 56") that seems like a ridiculous amount of time, but I never look at it that way. I honestly enjoyed my hair in the first or second pic probably as much as I do now. To me LHC is more about learning how to care for your hair and making friendships. Growing is something that happens along the way, while you are busy trying out updos and deciding which new hairtoy you cannot live without.

So yeah, that's my 8 year anniversary post. Thanks for reading and being a part of my experience here on LHC.
    Last edited by Cinnamon Hair; February 5th, 2010 at 07:12 PM.