Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different textures on the same head?

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Red face Different textures on the same head?

I've got different texture hairs on my head. Some are fine and straight, some are medium and straight, some are fine and wavy, while some are medium and wavy. Finally, some are coarse and wavy/curly.

Does it mean anything to have so many different textures on my head? My health is okay, so it can't be a sign of illness, or can it?

Do you have different textures on your head? How many.

Length
    SL/SL/long!
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Default Re: Different textures on the same head?

I've always had 2 textures- fine straight hair, about 1a-b, on most of my head, yet fine curly hair, about 3a with ringlets around the hairline. I think it's fairly normal, as I know quite a few people like this.
    12 year old me with my wee bro in 1992- I want this hair back!!!

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

I do not think it is a sign of illness but rather a sign of your genetics.

My hair is not all the same. My new growth at the very roots is straight and soft and then it gets much more coarse and wiry. Some of my hair on my crown area is straight-er while the rest is wavy/curly. The ends are more curly than the rest while the under layer is curly aslo but more frizzy.

You are definitely not alone.
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh yes, I've got fine, medium, and coarse hairs. AND they range from about 1B straight through 2C wave/curl. It's all over my head, too. I have a few areas that are generally more curly than other areas, but I also have straight hairs hanging limply among my curled hairs; it looks rather odd sometimes. But I'm sure most people don't scrutinize my hair as closely as I do.

Same here--I've got some fine and thin hairs, and I've got some thicker ones. I think the thicker ones grow on the middle of the scalp, and the thinner ones closer to the edges of the scalp, and the texture varies throughout from 2c to 1b. It's not even uniform in color--in the summer, the thinner hairs become almost blond. Celebrate diversity, I say.

Length
    22/22/hmm
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Oh yes I have many baby fine hairs, a smattering of medium hairs, and I'm seeing more and more very coarse hairs, some of which are sort of kinky, like 4b, I think it is. Sometimes I come across hairs which have more than one texture - coarse and less-coarse patches

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I have mostly 1c/2a but every now and then I see random curly strands that look like 3b. Weird. They random ones are a less obvious if I dry my hair gelled and combed ... or damp-bunned when it was longer ... it gets everything lying in the same direction.

Your hair and your nails are a reflection of your general health. Just like a tree has rings to mark its ages, hair thickness and growth also depends on how you are feeling at any given time.

For example, during periods of stress, your hair can be finer or more brittle. If you start taking vitamins that are beneficial for hair, you may see extra thickness during that duration.

Your body really is a temple and by taking care of it internally mentally, spiritually and physically, will be reflected on the outside

Half the hair on my head is straight, with a bit of a slight wave. The right side of my head is wavy, but I have ONE curl. It's annoying... I refuse to have bangs because one little curl looks silly.

My sister has hair that is fine and hair that is medium on her head. I think it is fairly common.

Length
    17"/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I have a few different textures on my head.
    My canopy is mostly straight with a slight wave. When I brush it sometimes it looks dead straight. From my ears down I can get ringlets. If I brish the top of my hair it looks nice but the curls underneath just poof out something bad. I can understand a curly girls pain.

Also with individual hairs I can have quite a difference. I can have very fine hairs but then I get these individual strands which look the thickness of two or three hairs combined. It's really weird, but it guess if thats what the folicle wants to do, then so be it.

2014 aim: Prepare for knee Ultimate goals: Knee length and dye free. World Domination.