Thread: New no poo lurker

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default New no poo lurker

I found this site after going poo free and have already picked up so many great tips.

My family is blessed with fine, very fragile hair that has a difficult time getting past APL. I've never done much to style my hair, but I was a daily washer, a lover of 'cones, a twirler and a box dye-er. I discovered no poo about 2 months ago and then this site while researching different no poo methods.

By ditching shampoo my head itches less, I lose less hair, I don't have to wash nearly as much, my hair seems stronger and my mostly straight hair has become pretty wavy, so much so that I feel like I'm in between 2b and 2c.

So the ultimate goal is a healthy BSL. Current goal is to keep my hair up 90% of the time and no trims until August. Normally my hair starts to self trim after 2 months, so fingers crossed the gentler regime will help. Oh and I've quit with the box dye. I did hendigo my hair a week ago and love it.

This is a great site with lots of wonderful and inspirational information. For the first time in my life I actually feel like I might get to that elusive BSL.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

<SQUEEE> Doesn't it just feel wonderful to find something that works and have hair that is nothing like you ever had before!?! Before LHC I figured my hair wouldn't grow past bsl, that's the longest it had ever been, then it would break and that was that.

Oh and ~WELCOME~ hahaha I was so excited to read your excited post I didn't think about saying welcome.

As I'm sure you already know, there is wonderful information here, and wonderful people.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by jivete View Post
    I found this site after going poo free
    So now you are potty trained? Just kidding!

My family is blessed with fine, very fragile hair that has a difficult time getting past APL.
    That sounds a lot like my family - you can beat genetics by knowledge! I'm still working on it.

Glad you have joined, see you around!

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Congrats! You have a shorter way to go than me but we are both "blessed" with the same type of fragile hair.

I am new but have already been helped so much, and I am glad you have too!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    6.0/26.5/84+
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hey! I just joined up, today, after lurking for ages and spied your comment title and thought... wait a second, I thought *I* was the no poo lurker! (I've been shampoo-less for about two years, now)

Anyhoo, nice to know I'm in good company!