Page 35 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Length
    4/??/??
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae~ View Post
    A recent acquisition; looking forward to receiving it!

There's another aventurine one on ebay now... slightly different shape, but fairly similar.

Red Jezebel - I thought of you when I bought this one, remembering that you liked green and all.
    Ha, good buy, Rae~! I was eyeing that one and dithered about going for it for a few days. I decided it was a bit too pale a green for me... I adore "middle" leafy greens (not a fan of too pale, or too yellow or too blue - fussy mare, I am ). I do prefer the design of the one you bought over the one that's listed right now, so that won't tempt me, my wallet can sigh with relief!

Atheist & child free. Apparently this is a controversial lifestyle choice...

Length
    4/??/??
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wendyg View Post
    Ahh, you bought that ice stick! I was blown away at how stunning it was when I saw it listed despite the fact it had blue in it (not a fan of blue). The blue stopped me going for it, and I can see now it was the right choice as it looks great in your hair, far better than it would in mine. What length sticks do you use at the moment?

Atheist & child free. Apparently this is a controversial lifestyle choice...

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Rae, that looks gorgeous!! Good purchase.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Red Jezebel: I told him functional length 4 1/2. My hair's so fine it really packs down.

I did think the ice cube concept was vastly amusing; will be fun in the summer.

wg

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Red_Jezebel, I have to say, I suspected that the lighter tone was the reason it was still available... I am really curious whether I am going to like this aventurine one "in person" since I also tend to prefer stronger colours over pastel tones. I just liked the fact it was fairly different from most of my other sticks (I have a lot with ball-style decorations). And, I am reinvigorating my (very small) gemstone collection and thought this might match/suit some peridot earrings. We will see!

Hopefully it will arrive this week, and I will be sure to post a pic.

intothemist99 - Now you're talking. Just build a collection and then you have a choice of what to wear on any given day.

Type
    1b/F/ii

wendy g, that's what I've called a combo knot, it's a combination of the double looped knot and the KL knot. It eats up more length than either of those buns. I might have some instructions written down somewhere on the old LHC, I'll check that out.

Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by aisling View Post
    that's what I've called a combo knot, it's a combination of the double looped knot and the KL knot. It eats up more length than either of those buns. I might have some instructions written down somewhere on the old LHC, I'll check that out.
    Aisling, I love that bun and the Quattro stick in it is also beautiful! please do post an instruction link if you find it.

I just ordered these Quattros (after I snapped a wooden fork and decided that its all metal for me from now on):

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Aisling, I love that bun and the Quattro stick in it is also beautiful! please do post an instruction link if you find it.

I just ordered these Quattros (after I snapped a wooden fork and decided that its all metal for me from now on):
    bjt, these are beautiful. I almost bought them myself. I'd love to see them in an action shot when you get them.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    14/24/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

BJT, they are lovely.
    Lady Cryollaee of the Honored Woodlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    The Goal: No trimming until waist (2013)

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

bjt, I had been watching those and trying oh so hard to resist them ... they are gorgeous, wear them in good health!

Quattros are strongggggg ... I hope you won't be able to break those babies!

© GRD, 3 March 2007