View Poll Results: how thick is your ponytail circumference in inches?

Voters
1626. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 inch or under

36 2.21%
  • 2 inches or under

147 9.04%
  • 3 inches or under

494 30.38%
  • 4 inches or under

577 35.49%
  • 5 inches or under

243 14.94%
  • 6 inches or under

71 4.37%
  • 7 inches or under

14 0.86%
  • 8 inches or under

2 0.12%
  • other

9 0.55%
  • my pony tail is full of cheese

33 2.03%
Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: circumference of your pony tail??

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

Should I be concerned that my thickness is about 0.75"?

I just had my boyfriend measure it for me with as much hair as I could gather. My hair has always been very fine and very thin.
    I started seriously trying to grow it out from a short bob about two years ago and its currently shoulder length.

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Oh my gosh I just did this!! I was psyching myself out because I just joined this community and couldnt find anyone with hair as thin as mine (or so i thought!).
    Jeez louise...

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlySoprano View Post
    OK guys, I'm really dumb, and I said my circumference is under 1 inch. But i was measuring diameter. *headdesk*

2.25 inches, still thin, but not under 1 inch!!! Sheesh! *embarrassed*
    Oh my gosh I just did this!! I was psyching myself out because I just joined this community and couldnt find anyone with hair as thin as mine (or so i thought!).
    Jeez louise...

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lithostoic View Post
    A year later and my hair has been consistently measuring at 3"
    Another year has just about gone by and my most recent measurement was 3.25. It's been consistent for months.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by snolol View Post
    Should I be concerned that my thickness is about 0.75"?

I just had my boyfriend measure it for me with as much hair as I could gather. My hair has always been very fine and very thin.
    I started seriously trying to grow it out from a short bob about two years ago and its currently shoulder length.
    If your hair has always been fine and thin, there's nothing to worry about. It's just genetics. I have a god sister like you.
    Yes, your hair may take longer to grow, but if you're gentle with it it will grow regardless.
    Just in case, consider getting tested for any nutrient deficiencies, if a doctor's visit isn't something wildly inaccessible to you.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The last time I measured was 2.5'', though that was in 2013. I don't have enough hair to measure right now! I wonder if it will have changed...

I went ahead and tried anyway, because I can get quite a bit into a ponytail actually, and it measured 2.25!??! That's reassuring. It's probably still 2.5 or maybe even more.
    Last edited by 0xalis; December 23rd, 2019 at 09:06 PM.
    Just trying to get by

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    If your hair has always been fine and thin, there's nothing to worry about. It's just genetics. I have a god sister like you.
    Yes, your hair may take longer to grow, but if you're gentle with it it will grow regardless.
    Just in case, consider getting tested for any nutrient deficiencies, if a doctor's visit isn't something wildly inaccessible to you.
    Okay good to know, thank you! My moms hair is a very similar texture to mine but she really doesn’t take care of it at all so it’s always been chin length (because she’s never been able to grow it past) and super floofy and dry. I actually recently had bloodwork done for acne related problems and was only really deficient in vitamin A. After reading more on this forum, though, I’m considering giving silicone-free products a try. I’ve noticed that my hair feels best right after an ACV rinse... also it’s only then that I seem to suddenly have 1c hair when wet (usually 1b). That may be an indicator that buildup is causing my hair to be more limp than it should be...

Also side note I accidentally measured the diameter not the circumference. My circumference is just about 2” currently.

Length
    23.5"/23.5"/Term.
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/ii/iii

If i remember correctly, my circumference was just about 3.5", but around 1/4 of my hair (maybe less) doesn't even reach my ponytail so i'm interested in seeing how much it changes in the future.

Mine is short still so around 1.5 inches, it used to me much more, my braids were 2 inches thick but after had it cut into layers my hair became quite thin since so many layers...😞 but now would be growing out those layers so I guess it would not be so bad In The future.

Length
    SL/WL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/i

I tried to measure with a string and got almost 2" but I had my husband measure with a measuring tape and he got 1.5" so I'm definitely a thinny. I'm looking forward to seeing if I can bump up that number after a year of good hair habits. Edit: I've been consistently measuring 2" lately woo I'll take it!
    Last edited by wishy; February 6th, 2020 at 11:04 AM.