Page 253 of 261 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2606

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

My natural color is pretty dark, but I've only ever used cassia mixed with henna, not straight-up cassia. Sorry ) :

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TiffPhares View Post
    Has anyone used Cassia on deep colored hair and had it change anything? I understand it won't lighten hair, but I didn't know if it gave a golden tint in sunlight similar to hennas red tint in the sun for dark hair.

I have been a hendigo head for a few years but am wanting to go back to my natural color but still get the strengthening impact of using henna without the color payoff.
    Cassia has no effect on the colour of my (virgin) dark brown hair - I have a few white strands, and these turn a bit more yellow, but the effect is not very noticeable.
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I remember reading that there is a variety of cassia that leaves more blond color. Does anyone know more, and where I could buy it? My mix is about 80% cassia and only 9% henna. I don't remember offhand what the 3rd ingredient is.

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

Senna alexandria, the herb used as a laxative, has a much more yellow tint than cassia obovata which is marketed towards hair. I did a strand test once comparing the two on some shed hair and the senna came out YELLOW and the cassia effects were hard to see. The strand test was soaking for probably 6+ hours. I buy mine off ebay from different vendors, you can find it in powder form

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I've just received an order of cassia. It's been ten years or so since I last did a treatment.

The thing is, I really don't like brassy tones on me so I'm aiming to do a treatment with the least amount of colour release. Here is my plan please let me know if you think it should be modified.

I have APL hair so I'm thinking 200 grams mixed in warm distilled water.

Let sit for no more than 30 mins before application. Apply and leave for no more than 60 minutes.

I'll aim to do a mermaid soak in the bath followed by a heap of cone free conditioner in the shower to remove.

Edit: Oh- and application on freshly shampooed damp hair.
    Last edited by Kathie; May 31st, 2022 at 03:32 PM.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    I've just received an order of cassia. It's been ten years or so since I last did a treatment.

The thing is, I really don't like brassy tones on me so I'm aiming to do a treatment with the least amount of colour release. Here is my plan please let me know if you think it should be modified.

I have APL hair so I'm thinking 200 grams mixed in warm distilled water.

Let sit for no more than 30 mins before application. Apply and leave for no more than 60 minutes.

I'll aim to do a mermaid soak in the bath followed by a heap of cone free conditioner in the shower to remove.

Edit: Oh- and application on freshly shampooed damp hair.
    I can confirm that this method did not result in any colour deposit. I have some grays and they were as silver as before.

The conditioning effect, however, was obvious!
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    SL/>SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheels View Post
    ... you might get an undesired marigold yellow on highlights if they are very white and if you leave it to dye release for too long. (I have very pale hair on my temples and this is what I got the first time.) I would suggest being cautious about how long you leave for dye release, and building it up over time.

It does wash out in a month, so not a biggie if you get it wrong, compared to if you get henna too dark which is much more difficult. My temples were back to normal in a couple of weeks.
    Maybe cassia is what Trump uses to cover his grey!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

After a lot of unfortunate adventures with my hair, I'm finally back to using cassia and henna (60/40). I use Ayumi Henna which has another 9 ayurvedic herbs (Aloe Vera, Amla, Brahmi, Bhringraj, Hibiscus, Jatamasi, Neem, Tulsi, and Shikakai). In the past, when I was using just henna, I found that the result from this particular one was a bit on the cool side (maybe because of the amla) so in order to mitigate this, I bought Senna Alexandria/Cassia Angustifolia for my 60/40 mix because I'd like a golden-cooper natural-looking result. But this senna/cassia is sold for laxative purposes only and I'm not sure if I'll have the same hair benefits from it as from cassia obovata. Anyone else has experience with this type of cassia? Should I mix cassia obovata with my cassia angustifolia or the latter one will do just fine?
    Chin - NL - SL - APL - BSL - WL (Dec 2024) - HL - TBL - Classic(June 2026)

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Today I took my first dip in the cassia pool with a mixture of 2/3 Sarenrae 1/3 Eilistraee from Nightblooming. I let the dye release for about 2-3 hours then left the mud on for about 4. It’s still drying now but my hair feels amazing and the color looks juuust a little brighter and more gold - I’m excited to see it dry whether or not the cassia covers my silvers. There’s not too many of them but I’m still curious.

Length
    SL/>SL/BSL
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Inazina View Post
    I bought Senna Alexandria/Cassia Angustifolia for my 60/40 mix because I'd like a golden-cooper natural-looking result. But this senna/cassia is sold for laxative purposes only and I'm not sure if I'll have the same hair benefits from it as from cassia obovata. Anyone else has experience with this type of cassia? Should I mix cassia obovata with my cassia angustifolia or the latter one will do just fine?
    I use the angustifolia. It's a closely related subspecies that will give more color and at least as much conditioning as the obovata. It's already been discussed quite a bit on here; searching this thread for senna should bring up a lot more info and personal experiences.

ETA: Based on the info in this pdf (linked below, and see footnote 1,) most (if not all) of the cassia now being sold as obovata is actually cassia auriculata, which gives even less color than obovata. So the angustifolia might now be the only commercially available cassia that will yield any noticeable color by itself, even on white hair. http://www.hennaforhair.com/faq/Clar...auriculata.pdf
    Last edited by Velouria; June 25th, 2022 at 05:25 AM. Reason: added info and link