Page 1 of 261 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

New site; new cassia obovata experiments!

I haven't done a cassia treatment for a while, actually, but I might this week. I think I'm out of amla, so it might be a 100% cassia gloop this time. It's worked well for me before.

Has anyone else experimented with more cassia mixes lately?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FAQs for the Cassia Thread.
    Last edited by Flaxen; April 22nd, 2009 at 09:11 PM.

Length
    18"/35"/TB+
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I haven't - but I'm thinking of doing a cassia treatment sometime this week too, and I've lost all my print-outs on it, so I have no idea how much to use, and in what proportions. So I would be very very grateful if anyone out there could give me a hint
    I've only ever used cassia once, and all I remember is I mixed it with cammomile tea!

Length
    17/30/34
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Bump!

Me, too! I just ordered some cassia (never used it before), and while I'm waiting for it to arrive have been trying to do some research in the LHC archives.

Oh, Cassia Users, please come to our aid!

-- dorothea

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Greetings,

I just ordered some Cassia also. Check out the hennaforhair site. There is alot of info there.
    Last edited by LaurelSpring; June 26th, 2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: remove name

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Default I've used Cassia once

A couple of weeks ago I used "Light Mountain Natural" Neutral Henna (ingredients were cassia auriculata (a.k.a. Avaram Senna or Tanner's Cassia) and Lawsonia Inermis. Here's the link: http://www.light-mountain-hair-color...ingr187125.cfm

I put on two treatments in one week. I felt a difference. My hair was less "velcro-y". I have fine hair with normal volume (oh how I wish I had more of it!! but I won't go off on that tangent). My hair tends to tangle easily and attract lint fibres. After the cassia, I noticed it was a little less velcro-y.

I mixed it with warm water (I boiled then let it cool down). Not too thick, not runny; but spreadable. I left it on about an hour with my head wrapped in a towel, then just rinsed it out.

I live in Toronto and have ordered two boxes ($8.99 for 4 oz.) from The Big Carrot on Danforth Ave in Greek Town. If you live in the area and want some, call them (416.466.2129) and they'll order it!! Maybe we can get them to carry the "Neutral" all the time, not just the coloring hennas. The box comes with a bag to wrap your head in too. Very handy.

The Big Carrot also carries the Logona ($11.99 for 3.5 oz) and Colora brands ($4.99 for 2 oz).

I can't wait to do more applications. One box gives me two applications. This time I plan to leave it on a looong time. My hair is back to being velcro-y. If anyone else has this type of hair, what do you do? It can look so stringy!

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

The last couple of times I did cassia treatments, I've been doing it on dry hair. I use chamomile tea as the liquid and just the cassia.

I have to say that applying it on dry hair has left me with much better results than when I used to apply it on wet hair. I don't know that it would be that way for everyone, but it certainly works for me.

Length
    19/30/36
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Oh! I just noticed that some of you have forgotten your mix. I can only tell you that I use 100g for my BSL length hair. I add the hot chamomile tea slowly in a glass bowl, and use enough to make it the consistency of cake batter. I cover the bowl with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes, apply it to my hair and leave it for an hour.

Hope that's at least a bit of help

Length
    APL/Waist/+++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rae~ View Post
    I haven't done a cassia treatment for a while, actually, but I might this week. I think I'm out of amla, so it might be a 100% cassia gloop this time. It's worked well for me before.
    I'd like to know your experiences with using amla and cassia together. I haven't tried my amla on my hair yet, only on my face. Do you mix it up half and half? What do you use to make a paste?

So far, I've been using this mix:

3 tbs of cassia
    1 tbs fenugreek
    1 tbs BAQ henna

Mix to a paste with strong chamomile tea, set aside in a warm place for dye release. Then add one (US) cup of SMT. Slop on to heavily misted hair and wear for as long as you have patience (my head could only cope with an hour or two).

I was trying to do that once a month but I lasped. I'm quite glad I did because I think the henna was depositing more colour than I wanted and it would have been even worse if it had built up. My hair is naturally red already, I wanted the strengthening properties and some highlights but I don't want to go too far from what comes from my head. I think it would be a great boosting mix for people who already henna.

Does anyone like using yoghurt with cassia?

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Hi Ms Monnie,

I haven't settled on a specific mix that I particularly favour over others yet, but IIRC I was using about three parts cassia, one part amla. I have only ever used warm water to make the mixes, never chamomile tea or others.

I really should experiment more.

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Can somebody help me with this question, please?

I henna gloss my hair every 4 to 8 weeks. Can I do a Cassia Treatment a few days after glossing or do I have to wait a certain amount of time?
    At true tailbone!