Page 247 of 261 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2606

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    thigh/mbl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Update!

So I'd ordered 100 g of cassia before I heard about sedr from Nightshade, so when it arrived I figured... eh, if I don't like the colour it washes out soon enough, right? So, as always, I globbed everything on without strand testing... I looked around the FAQ for cassia gloss recipes, and found mostly recipes for APL or unknown length hair, but in the end I tried out:

4 tbsp cassia
    1 dl boiling water
    Let cool and stored in fridge over night since I was going to wash the next day
    3 tbsp conditioner
    3 tbsp coconut oil

Since the cassia was cool from the fridge the mixture became more of a cream consistency due to the coconut oil solidifying. It was actually quite easy and non-drippy to apply that way.

So I applied, took an hour long bath and then shampooed it out, followed by a conditioner and then the Garnier Hairfood Banana mask (which I'd never tried before but, holy smokes!!!)

Once it dried, I only saw a slight difference in the (fairly yellow) bathroom lighting, then I took a picture in daylight and...

I like it! It's fun with a bit of non-committal change, to be honest. I'll probably redo it next month, maybe I'll switch over to Sedr come summer when I want my lighter hair back!

I noticed some shine, definitely a colour change, but not a lot of added thickness. I figure it might be because I did a gloss, though. Not sure I'd want to do a full on application partly because I wouldn't want more of a colour change than this, plus it's kind of expensive? I dunno if I'm the only one who thinks that...
    Last edited by Siv; December 9th, 2019 at 01:09 AM.
    2008: 24cm/10" 2015: 41cm/16" 2022: 120cm/48" // 2022: 52cm/21"
    instagram

Hello cassia users! I’m hoping someone can help me find a way to get cassia colour to stick to stubborn greys- I’ve read a thread about using a coconut oil pretreatment before permanent dye to increase colour deposit and prevent hair damage, has anyone done this before using cassia? My hair is lightened blonde with lots of grey at the roots and although the cassia turned my light lengths a lovely golden blonde it doesn’t touch my greys. The greys are now more noticeable because the rest of my hair is golden so I really want to find an answer! If not I’ll have to resort back to a box dye but really wanted to go peroxide free.

Length
    26/20/30
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Did you find anything useful? This is my first try, 50/50 amla and cassia, strong chamomile tea... Nothing. They appear thicker, because they are bone dry. Otherwise... Nothing. And I kept it on for the whole night.

Length
    26/20/30
    Type
    2c/M/ii

http://imgur.com/a/h0oCK1y
    Last edited by tevta; April 1st, 2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by tevta View Post
    Did you find anything useful? This is my first try, 50/50 amla and cassia, strong chamomile tea... Nothing. They appear thicker, because they are bone dry. Otherwise... Nothing. And I kept it on for the whole night.
    No unfortunately I have'nt managed to find a natural dye that will cover my grey, in fact Ive gone back to box dye!

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Lurking again.....there's a very good possibility that I'll be trying this again now that we're staying home for a while.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    APL/Hip/FTL

I did a cassia treatment today, added about 10% henna to keep it from going too golden over my henna. I ran out of cassia from henna sooq and used powdered senna laxative tea. Mixed with a bit of aloe powder and hibiscus powder, olive oil, powdered sugar, ginger and clove powders. Dye released overnight using herbal tea., mixed with some homemade conditioner and nonfat yogurt, left it on for two hours. My hair is soft and super shiny, not dried out at all. I oiled afterwards with some avocado oil. So nice my hair definitely has a golden tint to it. It feels happy

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Just ordered a bunch o' stuff from Nightblooming, along with a salon cape and applicator bottles and hairclips from Amazon. My regular hairdresser (and dear friend of about 25 years) won't be seeing me for a while, so it's time to take matters into my own (gloved) hands.
    It's been about a year and a half since my last cassia experiment (which was my third - details and pics are up farther in this thread), and I think this time I'll continue with the foundation of cassia and amla, but be brave and add more Sarenrae. Since no one but DH and the neighbors will see the result, I may even go 1/3-1/3-1/3, with Selkie (of course) to help with the slip. I'll let y'all know.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Length
    10/20/20

I did my first cassia treatment today. I left cassia mixed with chamomile tea overnight for dye release and applied it today on hair which was wet from the remaining of chamomile tea. I left the cassia on for almost three hours. The mixture became a bit runny, so it kept dripping all the time even though I have covered my head with a shower cap and a towel wrapped around it.

I have chemically treated hair - light brown with golden highlights and very dark brown natural roots with some silvers. It is these silvers I am after, hoping that the cassia will give them golden tint and I can gradually move from chemical dye to natural. Today is a very dark and rainy day in my town so I cannot really see any colour change so far. I will check tomorrow on natural sunlight if there is any change in those silvers at all.

Other than that I washed it comparatively easy (I was prepared for much worse) using general amounts of conditioner, then shampooed and conditioned again. I only have cone containing conditioner and hair mask, so I had to use them. They worked quite well. My hair is still drying now, but it feels quite soft. I’ll update in case I see any change of colour of the silvers tomorrow.

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

200g cassia is on its way to me - I'm excited!

I've been curious about cassia for a while and now is a good time to try it. I'd like to see if it has a conditioning effect on my hair, and calms my scalp.

However, I have one worry. My hair is a very dark brown, and I have about 5 completely white hairs, three at the back and one on each temple. I love my white hairs and I don't want to change their colour permanently. Can someone reassure me that if they do take on a golden hue for the duration of the cassia, they'll eventually return to their original colour? And what's the worst case in terms of the colour - will I look ridiculous with a head of dark brown hair and a few blonde ones?
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.