So, having read on this board and elsewhere about the wonders of coconut oil for one's hair, I picked some up today during my weekly grocery outing. Being a cheapo, I just got the 31 oz. tub of LouAna Coconut Oil at Wal-Mart (oil is oil, right?).

However, before excitedly opening it and trying a bit on my crunchy ends, I noticed that there's a "Best By" date on the top...and it reads "6/01/09"

So uh...should I return it, or can I still use this stuff? I haven't opened it yet, just in case I do decide to return it, so I don't know what it looks like or anything.

I was SO looking forward to trying this out tonight! And if I have to return it, that's another trip out in the cold...and if the one other tub I saw on the shelves is out of date, too (probably -- I can't imagine they sell much of it around here), then I'm fresh out of ideas for where to buy coconut oil. Maybe Whole Foods, but I'm sure theirs is WAY more expensive.

I can't believe I didn't even check the date. Would it still be alright to use, or do I need to suck it up and return it?