Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 months of braid progress! (pictures)

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default 8 months of braid progress! (pictures)

here is me about a week before i joined lhc... ive got like 6 different colors of hair... the top where it looks red is actually neon pink that never faded out completely and turned a weird red color.. my hair was still too short for a single braid so i had to do piggy tail braids... ugh i had horrible bangs that i had to wear headbands to keep out of my eyes and off my face during the summer..

here is my very first single braid.. go ahead and laugh.. you know you want to.. it was stubby and weird looking..

ok so here is my hair today... my hair is wet in the picture... i wanted to braid it today because it was cold wet all over me.. burrrr... now just a small portion of my neck/back is wet... i really miss those 2 inches i cut off earlier this month when i look at my braid.. infact i miss all 4 inches of length ive cut off since joining lhc.. imagine my braid 4 inches longer.. *squeal* i would be hip length!... oh how i wish i could have gone from shoulder to hip in 8 months but quality over quantity.. those ends were really damaged and had to be attacked by the scissors in order to save the rest of the hair... die damage die!
    can i call this classic length

Beautifully Birdy ShadowSwallow's Avatar
    Length
    Shldr/WL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Oh my goodness!

Your braid is so amazing, and shiny, and healthy!

Length
    shld/MBL/clsc
    Type
    1c/F/M/i

Actually, my braid (that I found out like three weeks ago that I can do...) is looking like a hybrid between your first and recent braid...Your first braid id fine, mine were worst..expetially when I try to do it my self...now I just ask mummy. But you second braid is really pretty. And just to add..I founf that I can do two braids after I found I can single one
    Lady Macha of the Blazing Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Longhaired Intellectual Periwinkle's Avatar
    Length
    ~APL+/waist/TB+
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Wow. Your hair is gorgeous!

Believe me, my first attempts at braids were worse. Now, I can do French braids and stuff, but I still can't do a bog-standard boring ordinary plait.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSwallow View Post
    Oh my goodness!

Your braid is so amazing, and shiny, and healthy!
    thanks!
    yeah its only that shiny because it was wet... my hair is alot lighter than that too.. for some reason it always looks really dark when wet
    can i call this classic length

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Looking good SF. Don't give those 4 inches that you cut another thought. Damage often means hair breaking off so much that it won't grow longer. Your hair is obviously growing and looking very pretty too.

I have been looking at it, and (just given your comment in my braid bump topic hehe) it seems your hair is a bit thicker than mine. That helps with the looks; thinner = more bumps = looks longer

Yours looks really nice, and whoa color!

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Wooo progress!! And what a change in healthiess from the 1st picture to now Congratulations

Length
    bald/21/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

wow your braid looks gorgeous ... you have sooo much hair improvement - way to gooooo

Your hair has grown really fast and I must say, your braid is SO thick. Congrats!
    As the saying goes, it pays to be patient!