Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair just isn't up there in some people's priorties

Default Hair just isn't up there in some people's priorties

Really the opposite of a long hair story this one, but it might be symptomatic of a lot of other people's lives..

One of the women in our support team just got a fabulous haircut, I mean out of this world fabulous! It's short, but she likes short and has the bones to pull this cut off. She went from a longer bob to a shorter bob a couple of months ago and when I commented on that she said it was great of me to notice as her husband hadn't.

When I saw the cut she got last week I said how great it was, to which she said that "When I came in the morning I knew that if you saw it you'd notice and say something!" When I asked if her husband had noticed this one (and it was a dramatic change) she said he had.

His comment was...

"Is that it then?" and went back to whatever he was doing...

"Always better to not fight. But if must fight...win"
    Mr Miyagi

Length
    CL/SL/APL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Men

Thats nice you noticed and said something.

Length
    ??/38.9/39 in
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I think it comes with the slight hair obsession lots of us here have. I notice every change hairwise of the people in my class (headhair and beards)
    I once saw an old friend talking to an old ex-fellow-student and immediately said 'Did you cut your hair? It looks great!' and she was surprised I noticed. The boy she was talking to hadn't
    It's a bit rude, though, for that woman's husband to be so uninterested. I'm happy you 'made up' for his behabiour

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Isilya View Post
    I think it comes with the slight hair obsession lots of us here have. I notice every change hairwise of the people in my class (headhair and beards)
    I once saw an old friend talking to an old ex-fellow-student and immediately said 'Did you cut your hair? It looks great!' and she was surprised I noticed. The boy she was talking to hadn't
    It's a bit rude, though, for that woman's husband to be so uninterested. I'm happy you 'made up' for his behabiour
    If he's not a bit more attentive, someone may *really* make up for his behaviour kwim!

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Sorry for double post but I just had to say - the way for a woman to strike terror into her partner is to utter the dreaded words "Notice something different about me?"

Not sure what it is but most men cannot seem to spot hair/clothes things

Account Closed by Member Request

It is really nice when people do notice. I know people who don't, however. My dad is one. He just doesn't notice hair. Also, I had two former coworkers who did not say one word when I got my hair cut from BSL to a bob. Perhaps they just did not like it, but not to say anything? I, on the other hand, tend to notice even when people get trims. It takes all kinds to make the world go round

Blewyn Euraid
    Length
    TB/TB/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Very true!!

People have said to me "I didnt realise your hair was so long" when I stop wearing it up and have it down. But my father never notices any changes clothes etc.

I notice trims too. One of my friends trimmed her hair back. She is Indian and has the most lovely thick thick thick long black hair I make sure she doesnt cut anymore, she knows she would be a big trouble if she does (she wouldnt anyway)

Length
    shldr/31.5/same
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    Sorry for double post but I just had to say - the way for a woman to strike terror into her partner is to utter the dreaded words "Notice something different about me?"

Not sure what it is but most men cannot seem to spot hair/clothes things
    Hehe. Yeah. I have a male friend whose mom taught him to notice things from a very young age. In part because she is an artist and feels that being observant is important and in part because she didn't want her son to grow up to be one of those guys. She even played games with him to teach him to notice. One example-- they'd spend hours on trains in Europe and when he got bored, she'd cover her ears and have him describe her earrings from memory.
    "When we speak of Spirit we speak of water, wind and birds on the wing." ~Sharon Betcher

Length
    27/42+/ftip
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Cyk never notices my hair. Not even when I went brown/blonde a few months back. Actually, he can't see well unless he wears his readers, so I could probably get away with murder.
    Callie sez *meep*
    justgreen judiciously journals
    Lady Emeralde Justyce in the Order of the Long Hair Knights

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm often guilty of not noticing when my husband cuts his hair. But, he does get it cut like once a week- sides shaved and flattish on top (I personally don't like the look as it looks like a beaver tail to me, but DH likes it). I try to notice it the day it gets cut, but often I'll be like, "Oh, did you cut your hair?" and he says it was two days ago! But I'm also guilty of forgetting our anniversary two years in a row... (And he did at the same time once, we were like...oh I think it was our anniversary last week! We don't put too much stock in dates)

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10