Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Font color/style

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Font color/style

Quote Originally Posted by Dvips View Post
    There have been threads complaining about non-standard fonts, so members are probably aware of the problem, and if they want to guarantee that their posts can be read, they will avoid non-standard fonts.
    There are new members coming in all the time, and some of them donīt evenread the stickied threads in the Newbie board (which would answer many a question like "why canīt I edit my posts? Why canīt I access profile pages?"). So I would not expect any newer member to know about the gazillion threads we have had about this subject - unless we bring them up on a weekly basis.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Calista View Post
    I cannot understand it, either; as manderly said, we have so many rules here in effect - why is the moderation team so averse to a rule regulating fonts and colours? It would be extremely sensible IMO. Maybe one of the mods could explain a bit more?
    Two main reasons: First, it would take too much mod time. As volunteers with limited time, we have to balance the amount of time things take versus the potential benefit. Second, it seems unnecessarily restrictive since many people enjoy using nonstandard fonts but do so in a readable way.

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Account Closed by Member Request

Thank you, Physicschick, for explaining.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I agree with the custom-font protest.

Not that many members use hideous fonts and colors, in each and every post, it would take just few PMs to make them aware that it bothers so many others. It take just one to make it noticeable in the entire thread. The mods don't have to be right on top of every florescent colored post out there, this should not be top priority, but a little effort could minimize the phenomenon so much.

As much as I like to customize and show my personally, I cannot see myself persistently carrying on with something like this knowing it bothers somebody out there. Just doesn't seem right.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

currently knitting Clare-Dragonfly's Avatar
    Length
    baby/clssc/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    I have a bookmark thingie.. Simply add this as bookmark and press when there is irritating things on the screen:

Code:
    javascript:(function(){var%20H=["bgcolor","bgColor","background","color","text","alink","vlink"],Y={FONT:1,CENTER:1},d=[],p;%20function%20R(N){var%20a,x,i,t;%20if(t=N.tagName){%20t=t.toUpperCase();%20for%20(i=0;a=H[i];++i)if(N.getAttribute(a))N.removeAttribute(a);%20for(i=0;x=N.childNodes[i];++i)R(x);%20if%20(Y[t])d.push(N);%20}%20}%20R(document.documentElement);%20for%20(i=0;N=d[i];++i)%20{%20p=N.parentNode;%20while(N.firstChild)p.insertBefore(N.firstChild,N);%20p.removeChild(N);%20}%20})()
    Can anyone help me make this a button in Firefox? Actually, I can't even figure out how to make it a bookmark. If I put it in the URL bar, or highlight and right-click, the page that gets bookmarked is this page, not the javascript. And if I right-click I don't get an option for a regular Firefox button/bookmark, just Delicious, since I have the Delicious add-on.
    Stories last longer: but only by becoming only stories.
    Chatoyant College: free online serial fantasy novel

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Clare-Dragonfly View Post
    Can anyone help me make this a button in Firefox? Actually, I can't even figure out how to make it a bookmark. If I put it in the URL bar, or highlight and right-click, the page that gets bookmarked is this page, not the javascript. And if I right-click I don't get an option for a regular Firefox button/bookmark, just Delicious, since I have the Delicious add-on.
    Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks - Right Click - New Bookmark - Copy the code into the "Location" field and name it whatever you feel like. Voila!

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    Bookmarks - Organize Bookmarks - Right Click - New Bookmark - Copy the code into the "Location" field and name it whatever you feel like. Voila!
    It works! It works!
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Thumbs up Re: Font color/style

Thank you Gumball, you're a star! I'd been struggling with how to do this.

(thanks also to eadwine for posting the magic code in the first place ... you and I are on the same page about this ... feeble pun intended )

Đ GRD, 3 March 2007

currently knitting Clare-Dragonfly's Avatar
    Length
    baby/clssc/knee
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

It works! Thanks so much!
    Stories last longer: but only by becoming only stories.
    Chatoyant College: free online serial fantasy novel

The code was pasted earlier by someone on this forum so I cannot take credit for that, but I am glad to share